Evander Kane 4 yrs, $5.1 Million

Brewin Flames

Evander Kane has agreed to a four-year contract with the Edmonton Oilers. 

The deal comes with an average annual value of $5.125 million. Kane, who was eligible to become an unrestricted free agent, announced his return to the Oilers on Twitter. 

"A big part of my decision to stay in Edmonton was because of the opportunity given to me only seven months ago, but also the chance to be a part of a championship team," Kane said as part of his statement. "I want to win, and I believe after signing this deal we will be able to add the right pieces along with myself to accomplish that goal, a championship."

He generated 22 goals, 39 points, 152 shots and 135 shots in 43 games during the regular season. Kane added 13 goals and 17 points in 15 playoff matches. He will have plenty of fantasy value going into 2022-23.

-It's a very reasonable AAV, and Kane ticks a lot of boxes.

-Let's just hope he doesn't wear out his welcome over the term of the contract. His history doesn't lean well in that direction.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 7/13/2022 at 11:02 AM, JR Ewing said:

-It's a very reasonable AAV, and Kane ticks a lot of boxes.

-Let's just hope he doesn't wear out his welcome over the term of the contract. His history doesn't lean well in that direction.

His rep is not great recently.  Is he becoming another Lucic?  No, not that bad.  Nobody is that bad.  Derek Sanderson was a Saint compared to that clown. And Domi was even good compared to that dirty stinking bum who I detest more than any player in the game. And yes in part to how he ran Miller that night and really messed us up in goaltending when we had a very good team.

3 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

His rep is not great recently.  Is he becoming another Lucic?  No, not that bad.  Nobody is that bad.  Derek Sanderson was a Saint compared to that clown. And Domi was even good compared to that dirty stinking bum who I detest more than any player in the game. And yes in part to how he ran Miller that night and really messed us up in goaltending when we had a very good team.

I can't blame you: Lucic destroyed Miller and the franchise that night. That dirty hit, and the pretty muted response from the players on the team, caused the organization to stop prioritizing talent both on draft day and in pro acquisitions, and they began filling the roster with Coke machines who couldn't really play hockey. The Sabres went from a team which had always been good post-lockout to the worst team in the league within a couple of years... And they weren't even tanking.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

I can't blame you: Lucic destroyed Miller and the franchise that night. That dirty hit, and the pretty muted response from the players on the team, caused the organization to stop prioritizing talent both on draft day and in pro acquisitions, and they began filling the roster with Coke machines who couldn't really play hockey. The Sabres went from a team which had always been good post-lockout to the worst team in the league within a couple of years... And they weren't even tanking.

But why is a gwg worth more than a normal goal?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JR Ewing said:

I remember the day Scotty Bowman put the goon squad on the ice in Boston.  Val James, Larry Playfair, Wensink and one more that I cant remember, I think Rob Ray was too young?  None of them cared where the puck was

28 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I remember the day Scotty Bowman put the goon squad on the ice in Boston.  Val James, Larry Playfair, Wensink and one more that I cant remember, I think Rob Ray was too young?  None of them cared where the puck was

Yeah, Ray was too young to have played with James and Wensink: both retired before Ray started. My favourite moment from Rob Ray:

I'm not a fan of athletes beating up on fans right up until the fans try to attack the athletes. At that point, you've entered their world, and you get what you get.

Edited by JR Ewing

1 hour ago, JR Ewing said:

Yeah, Ray was too young to have played with James and Wensink: both retired before Ray started. My favourite moment from Rob Ray:

I'm not a fan of athletes beating up on fans right up until the fans try to attack the athletes. At that point, you've entered their world, and you get what you get.

Wow.  At the old Aud vs Quebec