My likes and disgust with opening night roster

Buffalo Rick

I’ll start with the good.  Owen Powers, Paterka and Jack Quinn are in.

Now for my disgust.  Anderson and Comrie!  WTF?  So I guess the door is closed on Luukenen? This is crap.  Why didn’t they make a play for Husso?

And why isn’t Lawrence Pilut in this lineup?  He is better than Jokuharu who I can’t stand.  Power, Dahlin and Samuelson will see lots of ice time, but so will Jok.  If they alienate Pilut they are just being stupid.  But maybe he is hurt and I haven’t heard?  He did not play in last two pre season games.  Maybe he went back to Europe?  Unsure, but I had hoped he would be a starter on blue line.  Anderson. Can win if he is on.  He isn’t bad. But Luukenen I thought would get his shot.  Adams sucks.  At least he is giving Quinn and Paterka a shot.

So I looked it up.  The jackass’s sent Luukenen and Pilut to start in Rochester and log big ice time.  It came down to Pilut and Fitzgerald to make final spot and that Irish dud was chosen over Pilut who can skate circles around him.  Luukenen will start in Rochester!!!  WTF?????  What are you doing Adams?  Pilut is better than half your defense including Jokuharu!!!  I’m pissed. Won’t watch any more than a few minutes.  After Fitzpatrick and these goalies prove what a mistake it was to send Pilut here, maybe they realize it after they dig themselves a hole.  The good players like Tage, Olofsson , Powers, Dahlin best be great to overcome the stupidity of Adams

Edited by Hockey Junkie

12 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I’ll start with the good.  Owen Powers, Paterka and Jack Quinn are in.

Now for my disgust.  Anderson and Comrie!  WTF?  So I guess the door is closed on Luukenen? This is crap.  Why didn’t they make a play for Husso?

But Luukenen I thought would get his shot.  Adams sucks.  

The jackass’s sent Luukenen and Pilut to start in Rochester and log big ice time. 

Luukenen will start in Rochester!!!  WTF?????  What are you doing Adams?  

I can understand your frustration at not seeing Luukkonen on the big club, but the way I see that is this:
In Rochester, Luukkonen will get the lion's share of the starts keeping him sharp for........

His callup back to Buffalo.
Anderson. Comrie? Yea, that is NOT the tandem you and the rest of the Buffalo fanbase will be seeing backstopping this team on the season.
Maybe one or the other (Anderson is ALWAYS good for an extended or at least intermittent IR stint) but I think Luukkonen will be right in there.

And if the Sabres really do come together as a team, Luukko may even be given the starter's job to ensure that group continues to grow together.
Book is not close at all on the young goalie. Being sent to Rochester to get regular playing time is probably better for him in the long term while the team figures out which one of Anderson or Comrie they really could do without.

Hang tight....Luukko won't be in the AHL for very long.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I can understand your frustration at not seeing Luukkonen on the big club, but the way I see that is this:
In Rochester, Luukkonen will get the lion's share of the starts keeping him sharp for........

His callup back to Buffalo.
Anderson. Comrie? Yea, that is NOT the tandem you and the rest of the Buffalo fanbase will be seeing backstopping this team on the season.
Maybe one or the other (Anderson is ALWAYS good for an extended or at least intermittent IR stint) but I think Luukkonen will be right in there.

And if the Sabres really do come together as a team, Luukko may even be given the starter's job to ensure that group continues to grow together.
Book is not close at all on the young goalie. Being sent to Rochester to get regular playing time is probably better for him in the long term while the team figures out which one of Anderson or Comrie they really could do without.

Hang tight....Luukko won't be in the AHL for very long.

Well I hope your right but the Pilut move is just ridiculous.  Lawrence Pilut is better than both Fitzpatrick and Jokuharu.  Easily

8 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Not sure what Kevyn Adams is doing.  Another crazy, unearned extension given out.

https://www.tsn.ca/buffalo-sabres-sign-mattias-samuelsson-seven-year-30m-deal-1.1861260

He seems like he may be a good, young 20 minute ATOI dman.  But, to go from his ELC to a 4.2 mil AAV when he's played 54 career NHL games?  And, certainly hasn't been amazing in those 54 games.  He's definitely not a 4.2 AAV NHL dman, and really doesn't appear that he will be anytime soon.  Another deal by Adams hoping that a player earns the extension in the future instead of the player being worthy of the money already.

It's one thing to lock up young players.  It's a completely different thing to do so by completely overpaying them for 5+ seasons.

When you see those kind of signings and you've never heard the name before, it's kinda... special.

So 54 NHL games, no goals, a bit less than 20' TOI. Ok. So either Adams thinks he's the next Klingberg and hope for the bargain, or he got lost into a timelapse vortex and he saw Ulf Samuelsson instead.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 9:07 AM, Math said:

When you see those kind of signings and you've never heard the name before, it's kinda... special.

So 54 NHL games, no goals, a bit less than 20' TOI. Ok. So either Adams thinks he's the next Klingberg and hope for the bargain, or he got lost into a timelapse vortex and he saw Ulf Samuelsson instead.

Likely the latter.  I find it simply crazy what this damn guy does.  But he has us winning so far.  That keeps him employed for now.  And keeps Kim Pegula from firing him like I wanted her to after he ran Jack Eichel out of town.  And now he has Lawrence Pilut in Rochester when Fitzpatrick should be there instead.  I do not know what he is doing. But at least he has not messed with the more important players.  Yet