The Standard- Flyers YouTube series

Samifan

Has anyone checked out the 4 part YouTube series The Standard, which covers the Flyers training camp and preseason under Torts?

I stumbled across it and have seen the first 2 episodes. They are quick (around 20 minutes) and narrated by Bill Clement.

I have a new found respect for Torts after hearing him the first 2 episodes. Chuck of course comes off like the blithering idiot that he is.

3 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Watched all 4, unfortunately.  They are nothing but regurgitated hype videos.  Full of more of that "talk" from Tortorella that's simply straight out of the BS script.

I just appreciate the honesty. They know they are going to suck and are admiting so. In addition, Torts is trying to establish a team identity which has been lacking since Lavy got shitcanned. 

How did you enjoy Dillabaugh’s  screen time lol

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 1
  • Good Post 1

1 hour ago, SCFlyguy said:

I don't think so.  If they start trading guys like Konecny and Sanheim, that would be admitting it.

trading during the off season would have definitely been from a position of weakness. Maybe chuckles is hoping some players regain a bit of value between October and the trade deadline in hopes of getting a better return? 

The flyers need to establish a standard to begin with. So far in the last 2-3 seasons, they haven't even done that. the grading should be an A or an F at this stage. There's no credit for a B- performance. There's no credit for an A individual performance. They haven't shown any reason for this to be otherwise.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

This propaganda script is simply putting the scapegoat(Tortorella) at the forefront,

Do you really think Torts signed up to be a puppet and ultimate scapegoat? I can’t see it. He had a decent paying analyst gig and was a candidate for other vacancies. He seems to want to be here and be a part of “retooling” the team and culture. 

I agree Comcast doesn’t care and some of the long time people behind the scenes like Homer and Robert Earl Clarke need to no longer have input or influence on this franchise. I hate Fletcher and want him gone yesterday. 

All I’m saying is I am willing to give Torts a chance.

Guess I should have focused more on my conditioning this off season, because I haven’t reached full negative capacity unlike some others :whiteflag:

Edited by Samifan
  • Like 1
  • Good Post 1