I was at the game. Some observations:
1. The entire team was fighting the puck and had difficulty completing a pass. Islanders were very good. Barzal is blazing fast; no one on the Flyers has his speed.
2. Gostisbehere was terrible. That pinch on the Barzal goal was obviously dumb. As soon as I saw him make that pinch, I said to myself, "uh oh." He made a lot of other poor plays and generally got pushed off the puck at every opportunity. Have fun playing in Seattle, dude.
3. I know it was his first game, but Morin looked like a newborn giraffe on skates. He kept falling over and lunging at the puck with his stick. He had no clue so he fit in perfect with Gostisbehere.
4. Hart was terrible. He hasn't been good outside of the streak last year. Might be time to send him to the Phantoms.
5. I was impressed with Hayes. He was one of the few Flyers who looked like he had legs. He protected the puck very well, takes up a lot of space on the ice, and seems like a smart player. Not very dynamic but brings a lot to the table.