Sabres in the desert tonight , now a 500 club.

Buffalo Rick

I am hoping the Sabres use this less than tough upcoming schedule, (with the exception of a home game with Tampa), to climb into the winning column.  Possible but there always looms the goaltending. The Yotes upset the Isles last night at home and now play the Sabres in a back to back night of home games.  I do not know much about their goalies but I am quite sure they used the better one vs the Islanders.  

Believe it or not, hoping the Sabres do well in this game myself.
I am still playing fantasy hockey, and I have invested, nutty as it sounds, in Buffalo goaltending, having both Anderson and Luukko on one of my teams.

That said, the Coyotes are NOT a 'gimme' win.
9 out of their last 12 games have been one goal games, and of those 9, they won 3, two of which were games against East leading Boston and the always tough Islanders.
Point being, they go to the rink to play, they go to the rink to try to win, and they WILL take advantage of any weaknesses in defense the other team exposes to them.....oh, yea, and the Yotes already beat the Sabres 4-1 earlier this year, so that further cements the point that Buffalo cannot expect Arizona to just roll over.

In the Sabres' favor however, is the fact that they themselves have played much better as of late.
They have wins in 7 of their last 12, and in their 5 losses, it has taken some of the better NHL teams to beat them (TB, NJ, COL, PIT twice).
So, while Arizona is very game, they are not one of the league's best, and if the Sabres don't look past them, they SHOULD come out on top.

As for a 'less than tough' schedule coming up....I don't know how that is the case.
First off, the Sabres on the whole, aren't near good enough to have any set of games be 'less than tough' for them. That is reserved for elite teams that can win certain games while still sleepwalking. Buffalo most definitely is not at that level.

Second, upcoming for the Sabres:
---@Arizona, tonight...already stated they are not a gimme.
---@Vegas on Monday....Knights are one of the Western leaders, definitely not an easy game.
---Then, next weekend, the Eastern Conference champion Lightning who are steadily moving up the standings once again.
---Then 3 days after that, @Columbus , who admittedly, is the weakest link here, but again, Buffalo is NOT so far above anyone to be able to take any team lightly.
--Finish off the month against Detroit, up n comer with good goaltending in Ville Husso, and at Boston....no need to explain that one.

Buffalo fans can definitely look ahead and/or past certain teams, but they best hope the actual players on the ice DON'T.

That all said, looking for a win against Arizona...maybe something along the lines of 3-2 or 4-3....maybe in OT.

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

15 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Believe it or not, hoping the Sabres do well in this game myself.
I am still playing fantasy hockey, and I have invested, nutty as it sounds, in Buffalo goaltending, having both Anderson and Luukko on one of my teams.

That said, the Coyotes are NOT a 'gimme' win.
9 out of their last 12 games have been one goal games, and of those 9, they won 3, two of which were games against East leading Boston and the always tough Islanders.
Point being, they go to the rink to play, they go to the rink to try to win, and they WILL take advantage of any weaknesses in defense the other team exposes to them.....oh, yea, and the Yotes already beat the Sabres 4-1 earlier this year, so that further cements the point that Buffalo cannot expect Arizona to just roll over.

In the Sabres' favor however, is the fact that they themselves have played much better as of late.
They have wins in 7 of their last 12, and in their 5 losses, it has taken some of the better NHL teams to beat them (TB, NJ, COL, PIT twice).
So, while Arizona is very game, they are not one of the league's best, and if the Sabres don't look past them, they SHOULD come out on top.

As for a 'less than tough' schedule coming up....I don't know how that is the case.
First off, the Sabres on the whole, aren't near good enough to have any set of games be 'less than tough' for them. That is reserved for elite teams that can win certain games while still sleepwalking. Buffalo most definitely is not at that level.

Second, upcoming for the Sabres:
---@Arizona, tonight...already stated they are not a gimme.
---@Vegas on Monday....Knights are one of the Western leaders, definitely not an easy game.
---Then, next weekend, the Eastern Conference champion Lightning who are steadily moving up the standings once again.
---Then 3 days after that, @Columbus , who admittedly, is the weakest link here, but again, Buffalo is NOT so far above anyone to be able to take any team lightly.
--Finish off the month against Detroit, up n comer with good goaltending in Ville Husso, and at Boston....no need to explain that one.

Buffalo fans can definitely look ahead and/or past certain teams, but they best hope the actual players on the ice DON'T.

That all said, looking for a win against Arizona...maybe something along the lines of 3-2 or 4-3....maybe in OT.

Understatement saying Vegas not an easy game. Id say they could take another night off as they do often.  But Eichel will not want to lose to us at home. It could happen.  I hope of course it happens.  We need to go on an absolute rampage.  After the next two, vs Vegas and Tampa, the schedule gets a bit better. I am hoping they can steal one.  I would say the game vs Tampa is better because its at home BUT, your team is playing very well. Their defense is very good.  The Devils finally have lost a couple.  But Boston just has it all together right now.  Looking at their lineup I just do not get it. Oh, I think we have them coming up sandwiched by some lower level teams?  I guess in a rebuild I must be happy with the Sabres current record.  Kids like Paterka and Quinn are keepers. Some of these other guys  I just do not know.  Like Jost.  I am still no fan of Jokuharu.  I wish they would get rid of him.  They have Dahlin, Samuelson, and of course Power. 

13 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

The Sabres have won 14 games and lost 16... It's not really .500

Your boys are so up and down JR. I mean, with McDavid and his partner there, I would seriously expected them to be better by now.  Just keep an eye on those Blues.  Sure they went to sleep early. Now they are back at their winning ways.  Loaded.