Do not try and get Kane Not worth it any more. Sabres may make a trade to take a swing at playoffs?

Buffalo Rick

The names being tossed around include one Buffalo native Patrick Kane.  No way.  Not worth the high price.  No more.  We are better off without the distraction.  This means they likely sign him tomorrow with my luck.  At Dallas tonight.  How appropriate.  Stars and Sabres after Cowboys and Bills were eliminated yesterday

3 hours ago, Villella McMeans said:

If they retain half his salary and trade some 2nd and 3rd rounders it worth considering...

I don't know that they need to do anything about him this year.

But a motivated Patrick Kane at a reasonable salary interested in bringing a Cup to Buffalo is a UFA I'd be interested in.

• Like 2

If there were ever a year a surprise team could win it might be this year?  A week ago Winnipeg had the best record in the West.  It has changed a few times.  I believe Dallas was on top last time I checked.  Colorado and Vegas if healthy likely are the mild favorites,  But it really seems like Boston is the only real dominant team and the Sabres did beat them last visit.  Barring injuries it will take some doing to beat them.  If you can find a way past Boston the sky is the limit

I want Buffalo and Florida to knock Washington and Pittsburgh out of going to the playoffs this season. I need Florida to win the Stanley Cup so they will sign Eric Staal again for next season. Patrick Kane doesn't score the way he used to. Is he just uninspired by his failing team, or is it his health? Can he push Buffalo into the playoffs? Should Kane and Toews go together to the same team?

3 hours ago, NHL HHOF said:

I want Buffalo and Florida to knock Washington and Pittsburgh out of going to the playoffs this season.

In real terms, Buffalo is already tied with Washington for the 8 seed.  (Sabres 3 points back, with 3 games in hand.)

Capitals schedule is challenging for the next eight games, so I do expect to see standings movement in the coming weeks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NHL HHOF said:

I want Buffalo and Florida to knock Washington and Pittsburgh out of going to the playoffs this season. I need Florida to win the Stanley Cup so they will sign Eric Staal again for next season. Patrick Kane doesn't score the way he used to. Is he just uninspired by his failing team, or is it his health? Can he push Buffalo into the playoffs? Should Kane and Toews go together to the same team?

So they can sign Stall again...? Just so he can get to 500 goals?

• Like 1