Horvat traded to NYI

Brewin Flames

6 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I obviously don't know the amount he was offered, but it HAD to be more than 5.1M per. That money is B-Level support player money and Horvat certainly is more than a B-level support player.
That either had to be inaccurate, or the Canucks really are out of their minds.

7.5M sounds like a more realistic offer, but given his age, his "career type year" he seems to be having, and his track record (even putting aside what others have gotten), unless the number AT LEAST started at 8.5, I don't see Horvat's camp listening very much.

He is gonna end up with somewhere from 9-9.5M per. Either from the Islanders or someone else.

Agreed. Two way player, nearly a point a game producer, one of the absolute best faceoff men in the game today. Kind of a Bergeron lite, never understood why nobody seems to recognize his talents and abilities, I get the east Coast bias, guys not named Mcdavid never get the Publicity they deserve because of the three hour time difference but man he has been a solid work a day player for years now, Every uear he seems to up his game and the crazy part is he is still only 27!! An eight year contract is always a dangerous proposition, remember Kesler? Horvat does have a bit of a history of the injury bug, he always seems to miss a dozen games a year or so, but he performs and performs admirably when on the ice. 8x9 is probably his ceiling, the Canucks likely screwed up with the Miller deal knowing Pettersson has only one year after this on his own deal and signing all three would be difficult, I love JT Miller and all he brings but he doesnt play defense AT ALL which surprises me because he was an ok two way player in Tampa but he seems to have left his backcheck somewhere in Florida. The talking head I was listening to out of Vancouver on Youtube stated that whispers are already out there that Pettersson is almost certainly gone after next year so if that is the case signing Horvat should have been a priority. Vancouver is team dysfunction right now. I do like Raty, he fell hard in the draft but he is a true scorer and will have a good solid career. Beauvillier is a slug, a soft 15-20 goal winger which the Canucks have a million of right now. His coming over means Boeser is almost certain to follow Horvat out of town. And even Demko is rumored to be on the block. A year ago they were a scary team for the last 55-60 games, now they are in complete rip it down mode. I really feel sorry for Canuck fans. 

• Like 1

Horvat faceoffs

2023- 2nd in league

2022 4th in league

2121 5th in league

2020 3rd in league

2019 2nd in league

On top of that he has fantastic metrics while playing shorthanded, his possession numbers are very good and he is on pace for a career high of nearly 21 minutes a night as one of the games most underrated centers. I dont hate what Vancouver got, you want a pick, a prospect and a player which they received but i love Horvat coming to the Island.