Minnesota Wild vs Colorado Avalanche, Wednesday 2-15-23, 8:30pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

1 minute ago, Alexandron said:

3 goals on 9 shots in his net after 2 periods. Fleury should be benched now. It seems he fits better a backup position.

I think this game will cement the idea that Gus is the starter and Fleury is the back-up.  That is, until/if they make the playoffs, wherein BG will try to ride 'past glory' again and come up empty in the initial series (though I don't see us making the playoffs without a fundamental 'course correction' in line-ups, call-ups, etc; we are about to slide off into the abyss of the Draft Lottery.

• Like 1

Just now, ClusterChuck said:

We all knew we were going to feel the "Cap hell" and now we're seeing it finally happen.
The only interest I have left is to see what's done before March 3rd.
(besides seeing some decent Hockey played.

The cap is an issue.  I do, however, think they we could work around it if DE and BG would stop stubbornly trying to justify their initial inclinations and 'course correct' accordingly.  They have a deep and talented pool, but seem to be transfixed upon 'value pick-ups', grinders, salvage-jobs, playing highest salaries, and capitalizing on great seasons long since passed by.  It does NOT need to be this way.  They are both stubborn jackass.jpg.83010bfd5b0f6c6c2083409da5c21fa7.jpg 's that have to prove their initial plan was the 'right one', as opposed to adapting to changing performance(s) and results.

• Like 1
  • Uggh... 2

9 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

GoliSLOWski is cooked.  No more courtesy contracts and TOI.  

Has to be hard for him to play so infrequently but it was a decent signing until we could know what Addison and Merril would be like.
No way he's back next season tho.