Leafs all in, add Gustafsson and Schenn

yave1964

Toronto is done preparing for the postseason. This is arguably the deepest most talent from 1-20 that they have been in this Matthews era.

First adding O'Reilly and Acciari

Then adding McCabe and Laffery from the Hawks

Today they traded disappointing but young talented Sandin for offensive defenseman Gustafsson and a first rounder

No room for Engvall? Traded to the Islanders for a third round pick

Finally adding Schenn from Vancouver for a third rounder

O'Reilly gives them a ridiculously deep top nine. Acciari and Lafferty give them a fantastic 4th line.

Now Schenn, Gustafsson and McCabe rebuild the defense that was really not bad from the get go.

I love the add of Gustafsson, yes he is not the greatest defensive d-man, but he can score and run a power play. Reilly has been very human not living up to expectations, Gustafsson should step right in on one of the best power plays.

They are built to finally make it out of the first round while adding a first and a third in separate deals. Now all they have to do is win.

• Like 2

And now it's up to Matthews, Tavares, Nylander & co. to show the way. They are still known as the biggest chokers when it really counts, the pressure is as much on them than on Dubas who just provided the missing parts for them to succeed. 

• Like 2

These trades make Toronto easy better for sure and they are going all in but I don't like it'll be enough to beat New York and Carolina...maybe but we'll see I guess...I'm thinking Edmonton takes the west now and maybe they get another defenceman before Friday...in East New York Carolina Toronto I think are the best bets...

1 minute ago, Villella McMeans said:

These trades make Toronto easy better for sure and they are going all in but I don't like it'll be enough to beat New York and Carolina...maybe but we'll see I guess...I'm thinking Edmonton takes the west now and maybe they get another defenceman before Friday...in East New York Carolina Toronto I think are the best bets...

Hold on now...what's all this "New York and Carolina" talk.
They gotta get by the Lightning in ROUND FREAKIN ONE first! LMAO

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Villella McMeans said:

As good as Tampa is and as much I like them adding Jeannot...I don't think it'll be enough to get past the 3 top teams in East which I feel are Carolina New York haha...and Toronto my third pick from the East...

Well, we will see.
There may be a LOT of "hold my beer" coming from the Tampa Bay camp come the Spring. ;) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Yep.
Time for them to exit the first round.
No pressure. None at all. :shifty: 

ol' man ....can you see the rioting and brandishing of pitchforks should they be eliminated in the 1st round again ......lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, pilldoc said:

ol' man ....can you see the rioting and brandishing of pitchforks should they be eliminated in the 1st round again ......lol

If I am the Canadian prime minister, I have all hardware stores close up till the off season.
You know, just to be safe. :ph34r: 

• Haha 2