Lars eller to the Avalanche for a second rounder

The Capitals continue to stock up on draft picks, sending long time 3C Lars Eller to the Avalanche a few minutes ago for a 2nd round pick in 2025.

I like Eller, quite a lot in fact, 3rd or 4th line centre, can kill a penalty with the best of them, had one of the biggest goals in Capitals history when they won the cup, can still score a bit and knows his role. He stays in his lane, is known as a great clubhouse guy with a solid sense of self deprecating humor, he is right out of central casting replacing the long term injured Darren Helm. Slotting into the 3C role behind the emerging JT Compher, he will provide a veteran leadership on a team full of veteran leaders. Great add.

That said, i love it as well for Washington, granted the pick in three years down the road but a second for a UFA at years end who will be 34 by next season, he was not returning to Washington. Getting a second was as much as they could have hoped for. 

Great deal for both teams.

• Like 2

On 3/1/2023 at 1:39 PM, yave1964 said:

had one of the biggest goals in Capitals history when they won the cup

Yup, the game-winner, in Vegas, to close it all out.  My memory is that he played great in the 2018 Finals.  

But it’s a Different Day for Washington now.  

• Like 1