Jaromir Jagr Retirement

NHL HHOF

I really wish Jaromir Jagr would hurry the hell up and retire already so he can finally get inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame. This is taking too damn long!

Edited by NHL HHOF

55 minutes ago, NHL HHOF said:

I really wish Jaromir Jagr would hurry the hell up and retire already so he can finally get inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame. This is taking too damn long!

For what I heard, he has a major gambling problem. He needs to do something to satisfy the bookies!

• 3 months later...
On 3/31/2023 at 3:36 AM, notfondajane said:

For what I heard, he has a major gambling problem. He needs to do something to satisfy the bookies!

How much could he possibly be getting paid in Czech?

$1 to $2 million it seems

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/jaromir-jagr

Edited by NHL HHOF

That's way too many teams for someone who scored 766 goals in the NHL.

Jaromir Jagr - Pittsburgh Penguins, Washington Capitals, New York Rangers, Philadelphia Flyers, Dallas Stars, Boston Bruins, New Jersey Devils, Florida Panthers, Calgary Flames

HURRY UP AND RETIRE ALREADY SO YOU CAN BE INDUCTED INTO THE HOCKEY HALL OF FAME! THIS IS TAKING TOO LONG!

F0RSmurWwAI3zTo?format=png&name=900x900

F0RSj57WcAAwzJX?format=png&name=900x900

F0RSgqPX0AEWigu?format=png&name=900x900

F0RSd9TWwAAb5NA?format=png&name=900x900

F0RRfjnXsAAuHE6?format=png&name=900x900
Edited by NHL HHOF

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Jagr to have No. 68 retired by Penguins on Feb. 18

Forward played 11 seasons with Pittsburgh, ranks 2nd in points in NHL history

https://www.nhl.com/news/jaromir-jagr-to-have-no-68-retired-by-penguins-in-february

ByWes Crosby

NHL.com Independent Correspondent

November 10, 2023

Jaromir Jagr will have his No. 68 retired by the Pittsburgh Penguins on Feb. 18 before they host the Los Angeles Kings at PPG Paints Arena.

Jagr will join Mario Lemieux (66) and Michel Briere (21) as the only Penguins to have their numbers retired.

"Feb. 18? OK, I'll be there," Jagr said Friday in one of two videos posted by the Penguins on social media. "Pittsburgh, I'm coming home."

Selected by Pittsburgh in the first round (No. 5) of the 1990 NHL Draft, Jagr is second in NHL history with 1,921 points (766 goals, 1,155 games) in 1,733 games, behind Wayne Gretzky (2,857 points; 894 goals, 1,963 assists in 1,487 games). He is fourth in goals and games played, fifth in assists and his 135 game-winning goals are the most in NHL history.

The right wing played 11 seasons for Pittsburgh from 1991-2001 and had 1,079 points (439 goals, 640 assists) in 806 games, fourth-most in Penguins history behind Lemieux (1,723 points), Sidney Crosby (1,516) and Evgeni Malkin (1,243).

"I was the first guy from Europe ever to play for Pittsburgh. So they were treating me like I was their kid," Jagr said in another video. "I had so much fun. I never had that much fun, ever. I lived the life in Pittsburgh. It was just perfect."

Jagr helped the Penguins win the Stanley Cup in 1991 and 1992, their first two championships. He had 147 points (65 goals, 82 assists) in 140 postseason games with Pittsburgh.

Voted to the NHL First All-Star Team seven times, the 51-year-old played 24 NHL seasons for nine teams. With the Penguins, he won the Hart Trophy as NHL most valuable player in 1998-99 and the Art Ross Trophy as scoring leader five times (1994-95, 1997-2001).

On July 11, 2001, Jagr was traded from Pittsburgh to the Washington Capitals, with whom he would play 190 games during three seasons. He also played for the New York Rangers (277 games), Philadelphia Flyers (73 games), Dallas Stars (34 games), Boston Bruins (11 games), New Jersey Devils (139 games), Florida Panthers (181 games) and Calgary Flames (22 games).

Jagr last played in the NHL on Dec. 31, 2017 with the Flames at age 45.

A native of Kladno, Czech Republic, Jagr has been majority owner of Rytiri Kladno of the Czech Extraliga since 2011-12 and has played for them since Feb. 3, 2018. He had 14 points (five goals, nine assists) in 26 games last season, his 35th straight participating in competitive hockey.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

So NHL teams can retire the jersey numbers of players who are not fully retired from playing hockey yet, as long as they have not played in the NHL for awhile????

Jagr discusses love of Pittsburgh with NHL.com ahead of number retirement

2-time Cup winner with Penguins to have 68 raised to rafters on Sunday

https://www.nhl.com/news/jaromir-jagr-talks-love-of-pittsburgh-number-retirement-nhl-com-interview

Jagr practices with Penguins on eve of jersey retirement ceremony

Takes drills with Crosby, Malkin, Letang; Pittsburgh to raise No. 68 to rafters Sunday

https://www.nhl.com/news/jaromir-jagr-practices-with-penguins-before-jersey-retirement

Edited by NHL HHOF

2 hours ago, NHL HHOF said:

So NHL teams can retire the jersey numbers of players who are not fully retired from playing hockey yet, as long as they have not played in the NHL for awhile????

An NHL team can retire a number whenever it wants.

Edmonton could retire 97 today if they felt like it.

It means only that player can wear it.

• 4 weeks later...