Sabres beat Flyers and now will hope they can beat Pittsburgh. Florida in sights also

Buffalo Rick

I do not know who will be in goal for the Flyers today but without Hart, the situation must be dire. They were playing very well and played very well at times during last nights game but they do have some glaring defensive problems. I could not believe that guy that turned the puck over just skated away like "go ahead, let it rip".  LOL.  Like he could  care less.  Tuch gets the hat trick.  Quinn set him up on a very good play.  Now its Florida on Tues and help needed.  But we have the games in hand.  But we have hands full vs Florida who are playing well all of a sudden.  Thompson is likely to return in that game.   Come on Flyers .  Please beat Pittsburgh.

Not sure which Flyer defenseman not only turned the puck over to Girgensons, and then made a futile attempt to skate away unnoticed?  After a rocket was launched by Girgensons, Sandstrom was surprisingly awake and made one of his few good saves of the night.  It was not Risto.

19 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Now its Florida on Tues and help needed.  But we have the games in hand.  But we have hands full vs Florida who are playing well all of a sudden.

The good news:  Buffalo’s maximum point total is only exceeded by Pittsburgh amongst the Wildcard Contenders, and only by one point.  Your max is equal to that of Cats and Isles.

The bad news:  you’ve so many, too many, games in hand.  Your final week is a killer, playing Mon/Tue/Thu/Fri.  (And 5 of your last 7 are on the road.)  The Isles, by contrast, only play 4 more games after their double-loss weekend.

For sure you must beat the Cats in South Florida this Tuesday.  I wish your Sabres good fortune.  My Caps are all washed up (but hope they help out by beating the Cats & Isles in Washington next Sat & Mon) but the pain is lesser if the Pens also fail to gain the postseason.

9 hours ago, SaucyJack said:

The good news:  Buffalo’s maximum point total is only exceeded by Pittsburgh amongst the Wildcard Contenders, and only by one point.  Your max is equal to that of Cats and Isles.

The bad news:  you’ve so many, too many, games in hand.  Your final week is a killer, playing Mon/Tue/Thu/Fri.  (And 5 of your last 7 are on the road.)  The Isles, by contrast, only play 4 more games after their double-loss weekend.

For sure you must beat the Cats in South Florida this Tuesday.  I wish your Sabres good fortune.  My Caps are all washed up (but hope they help out by beating the Cats & Isles in Washington next Sat & Mon) but the pain is lesser if the Pens also fail to gain the postseason.

Road sweet road.  Go look at Buffalo's record.  Notice above .500 on the road, 11 games above .500 on the road!!!!!!  5 below at home!!!!  Young team that handles the road better.  Its pure work and no need to entertain fans.  I welcome the games being on the road.  Thank God they are away and not at home.  Their worst games that are head scratchers are at home.  But, the schedule is not kind.  And the  next home game is vs Carolina. I believe they will play the "kid", Levi, on Tuesday.  Throw his ass to the  wolves.    Lets see if he comes out unscathed.

Alas for your Sabres tonight.   Gotta win your two games in hand and do well in the other 4.  Probably need to win 5 of 6.  Hope the Isles fade just like the Pens are doing.  Unlikely to catch a hot Cats squad now.

I only saw the last 12 minutes, but Buffalo stubbed or nearly whiffed on 3 different good chances.  That hurt.

I don’t know if I’d ever seen a 6-on-3 to end a game but was really hoping Buffalo could tie it in those last 12 seconds they held that advantage.