Round 1, Game 6: Minnesota Wild vs Dallas Stars, 8:30pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

On 5/13/2023 at 9:29 PM, Math said:

Oof, tough game especially from the vets (except Pavelski). Hakanpää and Lindell are brutal the whole series and combined for a -7 with gigatons of turnovers. Öttinger being ordinary as well. It was a desperate game for the Kraken and they played exactly like game #3.

I'm cautiously optimistic for game #7 because Öttinger always rebounds well after a loss and Hakanpää/Lindell can't be any worse. I'm strill worried about the overall lack of depth, especially on D.

Congrats, Oettenger rebounded nicely as always and the Stars gave the Kracks no room at all. 
Well deserved win.
Might have been quite the 3rd period if the Kraken's #24 didn't bonehead that flip and cough up the puck for a 1-0 lead.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/9/2023 at 5:54 PM, Jimtown guy said:

Just want to say I always enjoy chatting with you guys especially during games. Had some interesting conversations that didn’t involve hockey. What I’d really like is if someday we could meet up for a day or evening so we could put a face to the poster. I know a long shot but if possible I think it would be fun. I know a couple of us are in their 60’s so aside from hockey in common we have that in common too. Anyhoo have yourselves a great safe summer, I am

off to my cabin for a couple days. Cheers 

@Jimtown guy not sure if you were on the old Wild.com message boards or not but some of us used to get together over there too over the years.  We had fans come in from Nebraska (seriously, we knew a Wild season ticket holder who lived in Nebraska), North Dakota and other places far away from St. Paul and plenty of people who lived in an around the cities.  It was always a great time when we got together, because no matter the rest of your differences you enjoy watching Wild hockey (at least on some level).   

If you want to make it happen, toss out a date...obviously giving people some lead time and maybe people can make it happen.    

11 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

@Jimtown guy not sure if you were on the old Wild.com message boards or not but some of us used to get together over there too over the years.  We had fans come in from Nebraska (seriously, we knew a Wild season ticket holder who lived in Nebraska), North Dakota and other places far away from St. Paul and plenty of people who lived in an around the cities.  It was always a great time when we got together, because no matter the rest of your differences you enjoy watching Wild hockey (at least on some level).   

If you want to make it happen, toss out a date...obviously giving people some lead time and maybe people can make it happen.    

Tough for me to set a date since I’m still coaching the game. Year 40 coming up and after the last 6 years with peewee A I’m going back to bantam A this coming season. Mid to late March or early April would only work for me. Definitely keep it in mind. Thanks 

1 minute ago, Jimtown guy said:

Tough for me to set a date since I’m still coaching the game. Year 40 coming up and after the last 6 years with peewee A I’m going back to bantam A this coming season. Mid to late March or early April would only work for me. Definitely keep it in mind. Thanks 

That's a lot of time in the rinks to be sure.  Where at?  I am busy with tennis at that time (early April); but I am sure there are others who probably would be willing to get together if you wanted to.  Meet up at the game or Reid's or wherever...and just have a blast.  @Jimtown guy 

• Like 1

On 6/12/2023 at 7:56 AM, CreaseAndAssist said:

That's a lot of time in the rinks to be sure.  Where at?  I am busy with tennis at that time (early April); but I am sure there are others who probably would be willing to get together if you wanted to.  Meet up at the game or Reid's or wherever...and just have a blast.  @Jimtown guy 

I’m in Jamestown ND. Born in Grand Forks them moved to Fergus Falls. Been here since 1970 

Edited by Jimtown guy