Charges dropped

notfondajane

1 hour ago, notfondajane said:

Domestic  violence charges were dropped against Coyotes minority owner Andrew Burroway. He was suspended by THE  N.H.L. pending outcome of the trial. 

I'm curious when an owner is suspended what is the effect on the owner?

It's the Coyotes...theres zero effect if anyone in the org. is suspended....nobody cares.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

When the NHL suspended Henry Samueli from the Ducks, he couldn't have any contact with the team or the league...

Thanks Illa! I'm curious about the financial side?I  understand there is no contact, what happens to the money if there  profit or loss,(forfeit I guessing). Losses I'm not sure of.

47 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

Thanks Illa! I'm curious about the financial side?I  understand there is no contact, what happens to the money if there  profit or loss,(forfeit I guessing). Losses I'm not sure of.

They probably still make their money. Even though they are listed as "owner", every team is run by an entity: Minnesota Sports and Entertainment, Comcast Spectacor, Fenway Sports Group, Gale Force Sports and Entertainment, etc. The money comes into these entities and gets distributed.

So while they can't appear in their box at the arena or be part of team functions (which I'm guessing is more of a blow to their egos than anything), I'm betting they still get paid.

13 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

They probably still make their money. Even though they are listed as "owner", every team is run by an entity: Minnesota Sports and Entertainment, Comcast Spectacor, Fenway Sports Group, Gale Force Sports and Entertainment, etc. The money comes into these entities and gets distributed.

So while they can't appear in their box at the arena or be part of team functions (which I'm guessing is more of a blow to their egos than anything), I'm betting they still get paid.

I was curious.  In my opinion somehow this entity should split his portion among the rest till the suspension is served. 

Thanks for the info!

23 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

It's the Coyotes...theres zero effect if anyone in the org. is suspended....nobody cares.

Not true. The league announced today that as discipline he will be forced to attend Coyote games. IF he can find where they play.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Not true. The league announced today that as discipline he will be forced to attend Coyote games. IF he can find where they play.

That's cruel and unusual punishment...trust me I know, I'm a Flyers fan who just went through 5 years of management that made the Yotes look brilliant.

• Like 1