Game 11: Philadelphia Flyers at Buffalo Sabres; 11/3/23 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

17 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Now the Flyers are gonna have to re-up those two with mega contracts when the time comes!

That goal was straight out of Vancouver and the Sedin twins (!) or Kurri and the Great One like you said. 🙂

I don’t know how many more of those plays they’ve got in them but when they’re not scoring they’re pushing the pace, forechecking and generally making life miserable for the opposition. There’s some real good 4th lines in the NHL these days and the Flyers’ is probably in the conversation. They’ve been excellent. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

That goal was straight out of Vancouver and the Sedin twins (!) or Kurri and the Great One like you said. 🙂

I don’t know how many more of those plays they’ve got in them but when they’re not scoring they’re pushing the pace, forechecking and generally making life miserable for the opposition. There’s some real good 4th lines in the NHL these days and the Flyers’ is probably in the conversation. They’ve been excellent. 

I agree the Flyers have a pretty good 4th line.
Then again, I expect nothing less with a John Tortorella coached team.

By his very coaching nature, he is lunch pail/blue collar and you can be sure anyone who mans his 3rd and especially 4th lines are going to play that way.
Tampa, New York, Columbus....all had very good 4th lines when he coached there, and those lines always played hard and, like you said, made life miserable for the opposition.

The only place Torts failed at getting that kind of play was in Vancouver because the front office wouldn't let him remove the stay puft marshmallow players they had populating the roster....

• Good Post 1