Game 11: Philadelphia Flyers at Buffalo Sabres; 11/3/23 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

We are the underdogs (+150) heading into the second of the home-and-home, with Buffalo having a 61% win probability.  

https://www.dimers.com/news/flyers-vs-sabres-prediction-and-odds-november-3-2023-44558

Food for thought:  Someone named Parker Gahagen is outplaying Cal Petersen at Lehigh Valley:

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?encode=TRUE&pid=144391

Talk about journeyman--13 teams over his career.  But...4 years in Division I hockey with the U.S. Military Academy at West Point.  I'd channel the Zepper and start this dude over Sandstrom or Ersson.  In any event, the people who want us to draft in the top five this year will be well-served (sadly) by Carter Hart's absence.  

BTW, there is no mention of Risto's absence.  Does anyone care?  Or do we really feel he wouldn't do much better than Belpedio or other?  

This could get ugly--the bookies see a high scoring affair, and we can't win that kind of game.  

Edited by Howie58

1 hour ago, Howie58 said:

Greetings:

Sudden Sam Ersson gets the start 

.. for tonight's game.  Petersen is back-up:

Now playing goal for Philadelphia...

image.gif

Where, oh where, has Gritty's emotional support alligator gone?

:hocky:

• Haha 2

NHL Network using the Sabres announcers sorta sucks…at least no Jeanerette … but doesn’t NHL Network have its own crew…?

edit I’m sorry but Frost is just not good enough… puts himself offside skating in on the PP…actually not easy to do but he managed it.

Edited by GratefulFlyers

A bit of a push back by Buffalo, but the Flyers hold.

I am betting Tortorella is giving his guys an earful in the locker room about forgetting about being up 3-0 and go out and get some more goals like the game is still 0-0.
Sabres look drunk out there right now, but I'd imagine they won't stay that way for long...

• Like 1

Whew quickfast play 4th line gets the 4th goal… And Ersson barley tested but when he is he’s coming up big. 4-0 no I did not see this coming either…

edit well he didn’t look very big on that one…no screen…unless it was deflected? Flyers sat back to open the 3rd and a quick goal against is the predictable result.

Edited by GratefulFlyers

What was up with Deslauriers and Hathaway on that 4th Flyers goal?

Their impersonation of Gretzky and Kurri!?? :bigteeth:
Deslauriers playmakes from behind the net, to Hathaway on the doorstep.....

Jeebus.
Now the Flyers are gonna have to re-up those two with mega contracts when the time comes! :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sabres are better than they looked tonight but the Flyers played them tough both games, tonight they got the reward. Sanheim continues to impress on both sides of the ice - defensively he broke up a bunch of plays. Excellent work by the Flyers’ PK, Ersson was solid when he had to be, timely saves.

So the annual 10-game losing streak has been put on pause for now…for how long who knows.

This was a pleasant surprise. I thought we'd get steamrollered.  Belpedio acknowledging his grandparents support in the between-period interview was special.  Getting his first NHL goal after 300 in the A was great.  That's a lot of perseverance. 

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1