Wild vs Blues; Tuesday 11/28/23; 7:00 PM CT; Xcel Energy Center Arena

Alexandron

Low confidence after Guerin interview between periods.  He chose Hynes in hopes that his familiarity with BG and ‘breathes hockey’ would overcome our size, speed, age, and roster/contract construction shortcomings?  What a maroon/moron!  You screwed the pooch with your decisions on the roster BG - own it.  

Was Woods in charge of the PP?

Because if he wasn't and whomever IS still running things, then maybe THEY need to go.
Glacially slow passing on that PP...and that is even accounting for the fact the Blues players looked gassed!

And the confidence I once saw in Kap's body language has all but disappeared.
He acts somewhat like he is waiting for something bad to happen once he gets the puck on his stick....rushing himself, spazzy....ugh.... how far till rock bottom during this losing skid??

3 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Was Woods in charge of the PP?

Because if he wasn't and whomever IS still running things, then maybe THEY need to go.
Glacially slow passing on that PP...and that is even accounting for the fact the Blues players looked gassed!

And the confidence I once saw in Kap's body language has all but disappeared.
He acts somewhat like he is waiting for something bad to happen once he gets the puck on his stick....rushing himself, spazzy....ugh.... how far till rock bottom during this losing skid??

No Hendrickson I think is our PP guy. But he's one of US so like you can't let him go. 

No idea if that's behind anything for why he's still here but I wouldn't put it past them.

Edited by bbgarnett

Interesting potential to look forward to now that he is finally getting ice time:

age 20 season KHL

Games.            Goals.     Assists.        Points

kaprisov.            46.                  15.            25.              40

Yurov.                 31.                  10.            14.              24

Yurov in 46        46.                  15+.         22.              37+

My question:  Will Hynes make Yurov play in AHL or on line 4 next year?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EmptyShelf said:

Interesting potential to look forward to now that he is finally getting ice time:

age 20 season KHL

Just like any young player I think he should have to earn it so if he plays well in camp then by all means play him up here otherwise AHL.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

Just like any young player I think he should have to earn it so if he plays well in camp then by all means play him up here otherwise AHL.

Many of our ‘Top Six’ have stunk up the joint for 2 years

E0733F46-28B9-4A3D-B337-C0A6D2E2796F.png.6393072c966767ee778392c2aa1e10a5.png

so while I don’t think you hand anything to any player, there should be ZERO claims to at least 2 of the Top Six spots. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

age 20 season KHL

Hopefully,  Hynes will be more progressive than was Evason and we could see Yurov  and Firstov at least on line 4 next year. And Kaprizov will be less home sick when will have those players( and maybe Khusnutdinov) in our team too. 

14 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

For perspective, Yurov’s age 20 full season keeps pace with Kuznetsov’s age 20 season in the KHL and is only off Kucherov’s age 18 season by 7 points in the MHL 36 vs 43 in 23 games.  Kuznetsov never played in AHL and kucherov only played 17 games in AHL at age 20 (played age 19 season in the Q, and had 4 points 18 games in KHL when Yurov had 0 in 21 - neither received much TOI).  So, I would hope we don’t allow the albatross contracts for underperforming vets to dictate Yurovs near-term opportunity - that would be squarely on BGs shoulders for his summer idiocy. 

• Like 1

Riley Heidt is 1 point behind the leader in all 3 Canadian Major Jr leagues.  He is ahead of many higher draft picks last year (and even previous years).  Great pick by the Wild and makes up for potential whiff in Round 1.  Not sure what other scouts missed with Heidt. If you care, I am merely bored with our current ‘placeholders’ on our roster and looking forward to some new blood. 

BTW:  KK should have at least 4 A’s in this game - no one is converting some pretty simple pass plays.