Mantha traded to Vegas

Anthony Mantha who is known for his consistently inconsistent play has turned a pretty solid couple of months into a trad with the Knights.

Vegas gave Washington a second this year and a 4th the year after .

With Mark Stone out long term and possibly the rest of the season Vegas needed scoring from the wing. Mantha is not Stone but his scoring has been good on a team that needed him to step up. It likely means Guentzel is out of the Vegas lottery and makes Vancouver the favourite 

3 hours ago, yave1964 said:

With Mark Stone out long term and possibly the rest of the season Vegas needed scoring from the wing. Mantha is not Stone but his scoring has been good on a team that needed him to step up. It likely means Guentzel is out of the Vegas lottery and makes Vancouver the favourite 

Stone's back will be good to go the day after the regular season ends.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JR Ewing said:

Stone's back will be good to go the day after the regular season ends.

Idk man, that was my initial thought but the whispers are getting that he is in worse shape than initially thought.

8 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Idk man, that was my initial thought but the whispers are getting that he is in worse shape than initially thought.

I know that he legitimately has a bad back, and that can really impact a person's life. Hope he's alright.

14 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Anthony Mantha who is known for his consistently inconsistent play has turned a pretty solid couple of months into a trad with the Knights.

Mantha turned things around with the Caps this season.  A frequent healthy scratch last year under Peter Laviolette, he was bummed out.  He worked on his physical and mental improvements last summer, resulting in 20 goals this season.  And more importantly now, a chance with a contender.   

• Like 1

On 3/5/2024 at 9:47 PM, yave1964 said:

Here's why I can't help but be a little cynical about Stone being put on LTIR:

image.jpeg

Man, it is so lucky that Stone's back always gives up the ghost just before the trade deadline, so the team can add a bunch of salary to their roster. How convenient.