Wild vs Blues; Saturday 03/23/24; 1:00 PM CT; Xcel Energy Center Arena

7 minutes ago, wildstars95 said:

maybe in O.T or shootout ...😜

Not happened today, but I think the game was nice for us. Much better than previous one against Kings when we lost 0:6.  I prefer to see these type of games in remaining season.

I have a couple good news. First of all I listened a nice interview of our Coach. He always very detailed. It seems we are going to see at least EEK next Thursday. They(EEK and Brodin) are recovering from injuries. We have a nice break to restore energy at least for the next 5 home games for us.

The other good news. I just checked eliteprospects.com link. Firstov already played 1 game for the Iowa Wild team, which means he was able to come here. I am already dreaming to see at the end the season a tryout of intriguing line Kaprizov- Khusnutdinov-Firstov. Interesting what they are capable to do together when their communication on the ice will be the best.  Khustnudinov is impressing me of his speed, he is everywhere. And, Johansson and Gaudreau, in my opinion, could be benched. Something wrong with their unproductive inconsistent play entire season. I was expected more out of them.

• Sad 1

Firstov hasn't done THAT much in Iowa.  Two not real great penalties so far.  He's trying to get involved, but no points yet.  

As far as this game went, Matt Boldy not forcing Binnington to freeze the puck in OT opened the door for the rush the other way and the game winner by the Blues.  For a team that is allegedly fighting for its playoff lives, that is a game YOU HAVE TO WIN!  But they didn't...sure another loser point and now they have to wait in Thursday while they fall farther and farther behind.  

it will be nice when this lame hope will come to an end.  And we all know how it will end for this Wild club.  

Good on Rossi for scoring 20 goals this season after not having any goals through his first 19 NHL games.  Beyond that...another disappointing Wild game IMO.  A classic teaser...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Good on Rossi for scoring 20 goals this season after not having any goals through his first 19 NHL games. 

He's been a welcomed surprise this season. His off season work has paid off and is becoming the player we hoped ( I think)

I only heard on radio the first part of the 2nd period, Mojo's goal and imagined what was being said on this board prior to that. 😅
By the recap it sounded like we traded chances in the 3rd but at least we scored a decent amount this time.
For a brief moment when hearing Rossi had 2 goals and almost a hattie, I thought we came out on the + side until they said Saad. 😒

• Good Post 1

On 3/24/2024 at 8:02 AM, CreaseAndAssist said:

Firstov hasn't done THAT much in Iowa.  Two not real great penalties so far.  He's trying to get involved, but no points yet.  

As far as this game went, Matt Boldy not forcing Binnington to freeze the puck in OT opened the door for the rush the other way and the game winner by the Blues.  For a team that is allegedly fighting for its playoff lives, that is a game YOU HAVE TO WIN!  But they didn't...sure another loser point and now they have to wait in Thursday while they fall farther and farther behind.  

it will be nice when this lame hope will come to an end.  And we all know how it will end for this Wild club.  

Good on Rossi for scoring 20 goals this season after not having any goals through his first 19 NHL games.  Beyond that...another disappointing Wild game IMO.  A classic teaser...

You mentioned before, no reason for Firstov to play in Iowa for a weak team. He played already for a much better team in KHL and played very well in playoffs there too for 2 seasons in a row. I think he is even better than Khusnutdinov. In my opinion, to attract Kaprizov to stay here, we need to give him an option to build his chemistry with two players Khusnutdinov and Firstov. We should give him this option now, because later will be late. About Yurov, we never know when he will come here 2025-2026-2027? Personally for me, he is not as good as Kaprizov.

19 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

He's been a welcomed surprise this season. His off season work has paid off and is becoming the player we hoped ( I think)

I only heard on radio the first part of the 2nd period, Mojo's goal and imagined what was being said on this board prior to that. 😅
By the recap it sounded like we traded chances in the 3rd but at least we scored a decent amount this time.
For a brief moment when hearing Rossi had 2 goals and almost a hattie, I thought we came out on the + side until they said Saad. 😒

I agree, it was a good competing game. Wish to see this type of game every game till the rest of the season. Blues were slightly better, but the chances for both teams to get a playoffs spot, according to media, are minimal.

5 hours ago, Alexandron said:

I agree, it was a good competing game. Wish to see this type of game every game till the rest of the season. Blues were slightly better, but the chances for both teams to get a playoffs spot, according to media, are minimal.

We had our chances to keep the Blues below us but came out on the short end twice in the last 2 Saturdays. I just saw VGK won again and we're 6 pts behind now and they still have 1 game in hand. I'll assume they play once more before we resume on Thurs and we could be 8 behind by then. If so, Our chances drop from minimal to the dreaded "Not mathematically Eliminated yet" 😏

20 hours ago, Alexandron said:

You mentioned before, no reason for Firstov to play in Iowa for a weak team. He played already for a much better team in KHL and played very well in playoffs there too for 2 seasons in a row. I think he is even better than Khusnutdinov. In my opinion, to attract Kaprizov to stay here, we need to give him an option to build his chemistry with two players Khusnutdinov and Firstov. We should give him this option now, because later will be late. About Yurov, we never know when he will come here 2025-2026-2027? Personally for me, he is not as good as Kaprizov.

(shrugs)  Khusnutdinov isn't going to be on a line with Kaprizov if he doesn't have a lot of offensive ability.  Firstov...another long shot to be one of his linemates.  The linemates that should matter to Kaprizov is Boldy...maybe Rossi and Yurov or some other player that isn't with the organization yet.  Otherwise, I don't see the arrival of the Russian players really changing Kaprizov's mind about leaving or staying.  He might like having them around for right now, but I don't think they do enough that would make him less likely to go somewhere else at the end of this contract.  

21 hours ago, Alexandron said:

The only thing that is going to convince Kaprisov to stay with the Wild is WINNING. If he wanted to be surrounded by Russians, he could have just stayed in the KHL. I suppose the Wild could offer him more money, but he's pretty much maxed out. They can offer him length, but if the Wild aren't winning, why would he tie himself to a team that can't win? And we've all see the damage high salary-long term contracts can do to a team.

After a while Kaprisov is going to get tired of carrying the team and want out, unless the Wild manages to start winning. And not just winning. Pushing for a Cup. Like going deeper than the first round. And by the time the Wild get out from under the Parise/Suter penalties, he may have already made up his mind about what he is going to do. 

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1

No doubt.  And Russo has hinted at this more and more.  This team has to show him its a winner otherwise he has ZERO reason to stay and this summer is the point of no return.  The team has to really think about whether he's likely to stay or if he's going to move on.  Because his no-trade protection kicks in starting next year.  

• Like 1

BG will have to really sell the idea to Kaprisov that we will have a winning team after having the excuse of the Parise/Suter dead money for so many years.
We can't just take the freed up money after next season and give it all to Kap just to keep him either for X amount of years.

12 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

BG will have to really sell the idea to Kaprisov that we will have a winning team after having the excuse of the Parise/Suter dead money for so many years.
We can't just take the freed up money after next season and give it all to Kap just to keep him either for X amount of years.

I don't think this is will happen. Team must to have more consistent productive stars behind him. One star is not enough for the Wild team. No doubt, better to look for them among Russian star players similar like Kucherov, Panarin, Malkin, Ovechkin... That will attract Kaprizov to stay here. And how to win without stars? Persistent winning without stars is impossible.