Wild vs Sharks; Saturday 04/13/24; 9:30 PM CT; SAP Center Arena

1 minute ago, Alexandron said:

Ohgren hit a goal post. Nice chance to score a 2nd one.

He's living up to his talk during last game interview. 😎
Too bad only 2 games left but I'd like to see these young guys vs higher level teams now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Fantastic shorthanded chance developed Khusnutdinov for Hartman to score. Goalie was too good.

LaPanta said Hartman was waiting for Blackwood to open the 5-hole and yet Hartsy flipped it to the logo. :P

• Haha 1

Just now, ClusterChuck said:

LaPanta said Hartman was waiting for Blackwood to open the 5-hole and yet Hartsy flipped it to the logo. :P

You are listening LaPanta, and I am listening Sharks commentators. Kind of a difference.😀

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Too bad only 2 games left but I'd like to see these young guys vs higher level teams now.

Nice that our team was able to place 6 goals tonight. As more as better for their confidence. We still have 2 games left against a higher level teams ( Kings and Kraken).

And ClusterChuck. I think we did pretty well together during such a late game. 161 views of this thread so far at this so late time.

Edited by Alexandron

15 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

Here's another thought I've been wondering about 'Tanking'.
How do you sell the idea to the team that it'll better their future getting a better pick?
Because take away the core players who are locked in for years to come. They get paid so no big deal if they lose and will eventually reap the benefits of a good player in the draft.
But what about the other 1/2 of the team who probably won't be with the team in 2 years or so?
They'll want to get their stats up for potential Contracts/Trades and yet they're told "Sorry kid, Make it look good but don't score" 🤔

After thinking about your question of how to put it to the team I came up with this strategy for the GM.

GM to team. Hey guys here's the deal you guys get us into a playoff position by the All Star break.

If we're really looking like we're not going to make it, due to injuries or just plain poor play, we're going to experiment with ice time, line combinations, PP strategy, PK strategy. 

We may lose games that ordinarily we might win, but we're going to take advantage of a bad year for better draft position,  without a full blown team tear down. 

We might only get 1 year of a better draft, but we feel this is worth it in the long run.

If you don't like this strategy,  make sure you put us in a playoff position. 

• Good Post 1