Wild vs Sharks; Saturday 04/13/24; 9:30 PM CT; SAP Center Arena

According to CBSsports, our game today is the most cheapest one. Starting ticket price is $18.36. Still I would like to see from our team a winning motivation. Motivation is the most important part for any success in hockey. Tanking is not a solution for winning a Stanley Cup. We have seen so many teams with 1st round pick 1st overall which were not able to get even into the playoffs. Fresh example is Chicago team with their Bedard or even Oilers with their McDavid.The main weather for the team are making the extremely motivated players to get a Stanley Cup. The more we have in the team the more success we will have. And it doesn't matter from which round they were picked or undrafted. The nicest example were Tampa Bay Lightning, Vegas Golden Knights, and Florida Panthers who impressively was capable to reach finals last season. Conclusion: We should look for the most motivated players for the team which is very hard to find, but possible.

Edited by Alexandron

43 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

According to CBSsports, our game today is the most cheapest one. Starting ticket price is $18.36. Still I would like to see from our team a winning motivation. Motivation is the most important part for any success in hockey. Tanking is not a solution for winning a Stanley Cup. We have seen so many teams with 1st round pick 1st overall which were not able to get even into the playoffs. Fresh example is Chicago team with their Bedard or even Oilers with their McDavid.The main weather for the team are making the extremely motivated players to get a Stanley Cup. The more we have in the team the more success we will have. And it doesn't matter from which round they were picked or undrafted. The nicest example were Tampa Bay Lightning, Vegas Golden Knights, and Florida Panthers who impressively was capable to reach finals last season. Conclusion: We should look for the most motivated players for the team which is very hard to find, but possible.

I know you are entitled to your opinion and I do appreciate your positive attitude, but you really need to take a better look at where the top talent in this league comes from. 
Most of the top players in this league were top 10 picks. It takes talent to win. 

41 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

I know you are entitled to your opinion and I do appreciate your positive attitude, but you really need to take a better look at where the top talent in this league comes from. 
Most of the top players in this league were top 10 picks. It takes talent to win. 

I agree with you 100%. No doubt talent is important too.

3 hours ago, Tomdog said:

Unfortunately for us I don’t think the Wild could possibly play bad enough to lose to the Sharks.

Picking out of the top 10 again. 

This. This is the biggest problem with the Wild. They refuse to rebuild so they are always picking in the 15-20 range. They get nice players, but no one you can build a team around. Maybe Kaprizov, but nobody else. Boldy, Ericsson-Ek, Rossi, are all nice players, but none of them are going to take the team on their back and push them over the line. This team is stuck in a cycle of mediocrity and refuses to change because the owner wants that playoff money. Well, maybe missing the playoffs a couple of years in a row will get him to change his tune, but I’m not holding my breath. 

The most frustrating part of this is it was clear as a bright sunny day at the all-star break that the Wild would have to play so far over their heads to make the playoffs. 

They wouldn't have had to tear the team down to the bone to get into a top 5 to 8 pick.

The difference between where the Wild are now to the #5 pick is 7 wins!

Lose 7 more games between the all star break and now and they get a top 5 pick.

5 hours ago, Tomdog said:

Unfortunately for us I don’t think the Wild could possibly play bad enough to lose to the Sharks.

Picking out of the top 10 again. 

Wally could have a game like his 1st. :P 
Short sample period on him. But yeah, We really shouldn't lose this one. 

• Like 2

Has anyone heard any comments from owner CL on this season ??
Is he just an absent owner and let's BG make all decisions on all aspects of the team?
I'm curious of how he wanted to see the Wild approach the post All-Star break and whether he wanted PO's for the pride and $$, Or Did he want a better pick?

I kind of wonder if CL doesn’t just want the money. 

Not sure how the Parise/Suter buyouts work as far as what they actually pay out.

But I'm pretty sure CL doesn't mind NOT paying the $14 million that the buyout cap hit prevents. 

4 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

I kind of wonder if CL doesn’t just want the money. 

Not sure how the Parise/Suter buyouts work as far as what they actually pay out.

But I'm pretty sure CL doesn't mind NOT paying the $14 million that the buyout cap hit prevents. 

The problem with CL is he's a fan first. Just like Eloise Pohlad. 😁

I'm a fan too, but I don't want to watch them sneak into the playoffs and lose, I want them to go into the playoffs like true contenders.

I want them to be a dynasty team similar to Pittsburgh,  Tampa, Chicago and now Vegas. (But without the cap cheating)

And all but Vegas became dynasties by being bad for a while. 

Edited by Tomdog
  • Good Post 1

Here's another thought I've been wondering about 'Tanking'.
How do you sell the idea to the team that it'll better their future getting a better pick?
Because take away the core players who are locked in for years to come. They get paid so no big deal if they lose and will eventually reap the benefits of a good player in the draft.
But what about the other 1/2 of the team who probably won't be with the team in 2 years or so?
They'll want to get their stats up for potential Contracts/Trades and yet they're told "Sorry kid, Make it look good but don't score" 🤔