Flyers Win Eastern Conference!

Guest trevluk

@aziz

sure, but what happens when most of your creativity takes the form of pejorative phrasing?

Disagreements are fine. But there is a difference, for example, you are very good at getting your point across without having to throw insults at a poster's intelligence. They're challenge is to respond without throwing insults back to you due to frustration. In that case it is the other poster who may be asked to tone it down.

Off topic again...... "Reported!". ;)

well, since we're getting really specific here, posts 19-current all need to be moved to a different thread because this thread is NOT about thread policing policies, it is about the Flyers winning the Eastern conference and I haven't read anything regarding that topic in the last 7 posts...

I mean, we do want to maintain consistency here regarding said policies do we not? ;)

it's just that i've only now realized i'll never have another nice, long, drawn out flame war so long as i post here, and i kind of liked having those.

Special-K is still grazing in the grass back at philly.com. He seems kinda lonely...

@Spinorama

dude, all we can see is "Xxxx, xx xx xxxx xx xxxxxxxx"

hahaha I still can't believe how much that infuriated you know who. I mean, he really went off the deep end with that one.

and yeah, what @JackStraw said, everybody's buddy is still kicking around philly.com and last I checked he's always up for some spirited discussion.

@trevluk

I don't think there is a realistic chance of Eastern conference anymore. If either of pittsburgh or rags go 3-3 the rest of the way, we are done. The BEST we can finish now is 106, (actully 2-3-1 by the rags or 3-3 by the Pens) would close us out.

Yeah, pretty much done and dusted. We'd need a lot of help to win the conference, or the 4th seed for that matter, but do we really even want home ice when the Flyers have been very lack luster there all season?

yeah, I post there from time to time as I visit that site usually anyway for news and it's an old habit I guess to hit the forums once I'm done with the news. It's not a slick interface like this site but sometimes there's topics that just haven't been brought up here.

by the way, I don't think the Flyers can easily win the Eastern Conference. I actually think that provided most of the team if not all are healthy (legitimately healthy, not just good enough to suit up and then we find out later there was a reason why they didn't look like the players we all know they are) they have a legitimate shot. Every concern that arose both prior to the start of this season and during have shone to be worked out. The only thing I see holding them back now is if they allow themselves to revert back to any of those points.

The big factor is if they advance through the POs, how many rounds can they get through with minimal games played.

The big factor is if they advance through the POs, how many rounds can they get through with minimal games played

that's the big question, and those 4-5 seed opening rounds are bastards.