Would you bring back Jagr?

Guest hf101

Would you bring back Jagr?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Would you bring back Jagr?

He was clearly out of gas at the end, where he looked pretty much as quite a few expected he would look during the entire season. I'm not convinced he could pull through and be effective even if he plays reduced minutes. If re-signed it can't be for more than 1,5M tops. The focus needs to be on the young players, locking up the really important pieces that'll be here for years to come, not just next season.

i don't know if it's contractual posturing or what, but it's starting to sound like jagr doesn't want back in philly. which is very strange considering he made it sound like it was his best year ever. i guess it could all be posturing to get a better deal than he deserves. but, it just seems strange.

Right. He exceeded (by far) all my expectations but especially toward the end of the season he was turning the puck over more than he was making plays.

And forget the idea he'd come back "for reduced minutes" and less $$. Some team will offer him at least what he made this year. Jagr hasn't even hinted he'd take less to stay in Philly so I doubt that's in the cards.

Now he's quoted saying he would've been better if Lavy had given him more minutes. If that's the case he should find another team. We can't afford to play him more, not when there are a half a dozen rookies who really need the ice time. It's in the Flyers' interest to see they get it.

Jagr was better for the Flyers than I ever dreamed he could be. But 1 year is enough.

Jagr is out of gas,well who wasn't? Rinaldo was the only energy around at the END! Jagr was the reason for Giroux and Hartnell's great seasons. Should he come back? Why not? Who would you rather have in his place? Remember he's the teacher,not the student.