Ace Bailey Would have been proud

Guest Poulin20

I am not sure if you guys remember this or not but one of the murder victims of the September 11th 2001 attacks was the director of pro scouting for the LA Kings Garnet "Ace" Bailey. Ace lived in the Boston area and scouted games in New England. He was on United Flight 175 to LA when it was flown into the South tower at the WTC.

Over the memorial day weekend I took my wife and son to NYC for a few days and one of the things we had a chance to do was visit the 9/11 memorial. I spent the first part of my time there just taking everything in before focusing on the names of the victims. When I finally did begin to look them over, I just happened to be standing right in front Ace Bailey's name. I immediately told Mrs. Poulin Ace's story and she took a picture of his name on the memorial. I have attached the picture for you guys to see.

To bad Ace isn't here today to see his team on the brink of the Stanley Cup. I am sure he would have been proud.

untitled.pdf

• Like 3

Now that you mention it, I do remember a Kings employee being a 9/11 victim. Hopefully there is a big rink in the sky, and he'll be able to see the celebration.....if there is a God I'm sure she's a hockey fan

Ace lived in the Boston area and scouted games in New England. He was on United Flight 175 to LA when it was flown into the South tower at the WTC.

Poulin.......

Thanks for the reminder.

I am not sure if you guys remember this or not but one of the murder victims of the September 11th 2001 attacks was the director of pro scouting for the LA Kings Garnet "Ace" Bailey. Ace lived in the Boston area and scouted games in New England. He was on United Flight 175 to LA when it was flown into the South tower at the WTC.

Over the memorial day weekend I took my wife and son to NYC for a few days and one of the things we had a chance to do was visit the 9/11 memorial. I spent the first part of my time there just taking everything in before focusing on the names of the victims. When I finally did begin to look them over, I just happened to be standing right in front Ace Bailey's name. I immediately told Mrs. Poulin Ace's story and she took a picture of his name on the memorial. I have attached the picture for you guys to see.

To bad Ace isn't here today to see his team on the brink of the Stanley Cup. I am sure he would have been proud.

There were two (2) Kings scouts on that flight, weren't there?

I don't remember the other person's name.

There were two (2) Kings scouts on that flight, weren't there?

I don't remember the other person's name.

You are right! I forgot but he was traveling with another guy named Mark Bavis, a 31 year old guy who was an amateur scout with the Kings.

You are right! I forgot but he was traveling with another guy named Mark Bavis, a 31 year old guy who was an amateur scout with the Kings.

Thanks. That's the guy.

Their deaths in particular were obviously bigger news out here in SoCal. I believe the Kings actually wore patches with the initials of both men on their jerseys the rest of that season.

Very sad. All those people who just thought they were going from point A to point B. Anyone who doesn't believe that evil actually exists just isn't paying attention.

Thankfully, evil and sin do not get the last word.