Sestito Recalled

Guest hf101

Cap Geek has him listed as being on a 2 way contract, doesn't that mean he is waiver exempt until he reaches a fixed number of games in the NHL?

In answer to my own question, using the capgeek waiver calculator, He is NOT EXEMPT due to only playing 13 games in the NHL but because the games are spread over 4 years....I was assuming his contract was started in 07 since that was his first game for the BlueJackets. Help from the lawyers squad please....

Edited by flyerrod

According to assistant GM Barry Hanrahan, per Dave Issac's twitter...... Sesisto was recalled and served game 1 of his 5 game suspension last night.

I guess Sesisto is exempt from recall waivers.

What suspension? the one from the pre-season? You can't serve that suspension in the A? I guess not. I was thinking of Shelley but he was never sent down.

http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/flyers-talk/post/Bourdon-proving-to-be-perfect-fit-for-Fl?blockID=611774&feedID=695

Loose pucks

The Flyers recalled enforcer Tommy Sestito. He was on the scratch sheet for this game. Sestito has two games remaining on his five-game, preseason suspension and will serve them here and in Montreal on Thursday. … This is the first time the Flyers have beaten Washington in regulation since Feb. 24, 2009. The Caps were 7-0-3 against the Flyers in the 10 previous games. … It was also just the fourth time in 24 games against the Flyers that Alex Ovechkin didn’t get a point. … Jody Shelley’s assist on Bourdon’s goal was his first point since he scored a goal on Jan. 14, 2011 at Atlanta.