THE ALL TIME SNAKE BIT FRANCHISE

yave1964

Not only did Columbus lose the lottery for the number one pick, but their pick in slot two Ryan Murray is out for most of the season with shoulder surgery.

And Columbus was supposed to host the all star game, the wife and I had applied for tickets for the skills competition but we should have known better, its Columbus. There is no all star game next season due to the Olympics and they say Columbus will get the game in 2015 to make up for this year. Sure. By then this wretched franchise will be in Seattle or Kansas city or wherever.

I still say with a bit of luck this could have been a hockey town. Natural rivals with Detroit and Chicago, I am a Wings fan and go to every wings game in Columbus possible, usually we outnumber the jacket fans. But if they had a winner, who knows? It is possible that they could save it here.

Foligno, Aucoin, Anisimov, Dubinsky and Bobrovsky will all help, as will a full season from Jack Johnson who seems to really want to be there. It is possible with a shortened season that they may have enough to make a run but the way the franchise works they will likely miss the playoffs by one point on the last day of the season.

Edited by yave1964

@yave1964

You forgot they do have a good coach in Todd Richards. I liked the way he had the Jackets playing as they ended last season. That defensive style had them winning games. And in a shortened season, yeah, who knows.

Mason seemed to play the way he did when he was a rookie, ......it will be interesting to see how Bob does.

Richards is a fine coach. I have watched Mason and his relationship with the fans deteriorate as his play has gone downhill. I dont think he will ever be the same in Columbus and a change of scenery is desperately needed..

Yeah, but the fans have to understand......he was wearing the wrong sized pads.

Bob has played well on his KHL team, he is definitely ready to challenge for the job. But I'm not ready to change my mind, I still think Mason is the better goalie.

Yeah, but the fans have to understand......he was wearing the wrong sized pads.

Bob has played well on his KHL team, he is definitely ready to challenge for the job. But I'm not ready to change my mind, I still think Mason is the better goalie.

I agree that Mason is the better goalie, hands down. I disagree that Mason is the right goalie for the Jackets. I think he has wore out his welcome and would do better with another organization and a fresh start.

@yave1964 I agree, Mason has had his shot(s)....still on the young side, still *might* have some upside, but he let in some real stinky goals the past few years. Bob is more athletic and has a better feel for the game...and his is faster than Mason.

• Like 1

@yave1964 I agree, Mason has had his shot(s)....still on the young side, still *might* have some upside, but he let in some real stinky goals the past few years. Bob is more athletic and has a better feel for the game...and his is faster than Mason.

The wife and I sit right behind the goal when we go to Columbus, Mason NEVER turns around and acknowledges the fans. Not during time outs, not during warm ups. Never. If there is a player more in need of a new team I dont have a clue who it would be. Well, maybe Bobby Lou out in Vancouver.