Elite Defenseman

activestick

You mean like everyone in Pens land acting like Sutter is the 2nd coming of Wayne Gretzky after 2 games? :P

I haven't heard much about Sutter yet. I DO think he's an upgrade over Staal at the 3rd center role. Staal was lazy defensively. And apparently still is in Raleigh...

I would see what the deal is with Subban. See where Montreal is at with him and if they would be willing to trade his rights. I would offer Luke Schenn and Sean Couturier for him. Two first rounders for PK.

There I said it.

Feels good to get that off my chest.

I would see what the deal is with Subban. See where Montreal is at with him and if they would be willing to trade his rights. I would offer Luke Schenn and Sean Couturier for him. Two first rounders for PK.

There I said it.

Feels good to get that off my chest.

LOL. I think that's too much honestly. Coots is still unproven, but the combination of what he's done last year as an 18 year old plus his high draft spot (which he was projected to be even higher) makes him, all by himself, quite valuable. Now, if it has to be a multi-player deal, I'm sure they can work something out, but not another young first rounder in Schenn.

FWIW, I read yesterday that they're inching closer to a deal. Rumoured to be somewhere in the 6-year, $4M per neighbourhood.

Wow 4m per year? I can see why this is taking so long. To get a young player on D that has his talent, I would give up a lot. I like Coots, I just can't stand this D.

Yeah, I hear ya. I would give up anyone but Giroux.

$4m per for a guy like SUbban over the next 6 years is a very good contract.