was #99 hammered?

murraycraven

Was he in town for anything special? They introduced and Bernie & him to the crowd during one of the commercial breaks at the game last night and we were supposed to give this huge ovation and some did. I gave some polite applause but I could not bring myself to give a standing-O as I still recall our wars with him and the Oilers in the mid 80's. I acknowlege he is the best ever but he throttled us but good back then and it was just hard to get super excited about it. When Lou Nolan said we have a special guest to acknowledge tonight I thought it was going to be Dave Poulin, as he works for the Leafs. I was like #99? Oh OK polite claps...(at least I didnt boo)

• Like 1

@Poulin20 - I thought it was a really good interview actually. I don't know if he was hammered or not, but he seemed to be having a good time. He said he was hanging out watching the game with Parent, said he was good friends with Ed Snider (meh) and that Philly was a great place to watch a game. And so on.