Lightning fire Guy Boucher

Guest nossagog

Well this is going to be two straight seasons the Iightning will miss the playoffs, albiet this one being the shortened season. No matter, with the core talent on the team in Stamkos, Lecavalier, St Louis, Hedman, Malone,Carle and Percell, more was expected.

Does this mean a fire sale in Florida????

Not sure what all happened there. The Lightning surely have no difficulties defeating the Flyers. Poor goaltending, inconsistent team defense, and injuries have probably had something to do with it.

It will be interesting if they hire Lindy Ruff as next season the Sabres and Lightning are in the same division.

Where does this put Yzerman? The Bolts are uninspired and the goaltending is horrible, he caught lightning in a bottle with Roloson a few years ago, does the admission that Boucher is not working reflect on Stevie?

Not sure what all happened there. The Lightning surely have no difficulties defeating the Flyers. Poor goaltending, inconsistent team defense, and injuries have probably had something to do with it.

It will be interesting if they hire Lindy Ruff as next season the Sabres and Lightning are in the same division.

Not sure if you want to merge the thread that I created in the Lightning section.

Not sold on Lindy Ruff to the Bolts though. Ruff is a great coach at taking mid level and lower talent, and getting the most out of it, and making them compete. He's also had the good fortune to have good goaltending to backstop the defense. This was supposed to be it for the Sabres, new owner, money to spend, better players. He'd probably be better going to a team like the Panthers, not alot of talent, maximize the grinders.

Where does this put Yzerman? The Bolts are uninspired and the goaltending is horrible, he caught lightning in a bottle with Roloson a few years ago, does the admission that Boucher is not working reflect on Stevie?

Not sure. Problem was that the Lightning's success with Roloson in some degrees was due to Tampa playing that horid 1-3-1 trap that layered on top of Rolie's play. How boring was that to watch. They would not even send in players to forecheck, they just sat the playing a sweeper on defense.

Gotta try to remember, who was the team that got penalized for delay of game because they refused to come out from behind their net because Tampa wouldn't send in any players. They ended up getting the penalty, because they had possession of the puck and refused to move it.

Gotta try to remember, who was the team that got penalized for delay of game because they refused to come out from behind their net because Tampa wouldn't send in any players. They ended up getting the penalty, because they had possession of the puck and refused to move it.

THE FLYERS!

:lol:

Ah, why did you have to go and give me something to like about the Flyers. For some reason I thought they got a penalty for that, but I love the fact that they did it.

I think they did it more than one time in that game, so it is possible the second time they did it they got the delay of game penalty.

Now we all know why Lindback came so cheaply to the Bolts....I don't think he will even be in the league after next year. Big kid who was blocked in Nash by Rinne....but damn, he has looked shoddy at best. Even when the Bolts win, he allows 4+ goals on most nights. If it were not for the vaunted offense, they would be sitting dead last.....and surprise, Carle has not helped much.

• Like 1