"Cooked Penguin" on the menu tonight in Ottawa...

B21

McIntyre Knuckle Sammich

As long as the knuckle sandwich is made with Islay's chipped chopped ham, it'll make the knuckle sammich hammier . . .

Anyway, I hope the Pens don't get caught up in any appcray. Cooke needs to tell his teammates before the game "whatever happens, just let it be".

Ottawa? Get over it you hypocrites. Remember that Chris Neal plays on your team, and you have a captain who like to shot pucks at peoples heads when the games have ended an you lose, so you just stay classy as ever.

And your fans, whatever. For those who want to play the "If it your player you would see it different blah blah blah", look at our recent history We were mad when Sid got Steckled, but we didn't call for his head. We were mad when Slewban sliced up Staal's foot carelessly, but we didn't call for his head. We were mad when DelZotto concussed Neal, but we're not calling for his head. We were upset when Myers blew out Malkins knee, but we were not mad, he's just a clumsy oaf. We were mad when Ovechicken nearly ended Gonchar's career with the knee in the playoffs . . wait, strike that last one, even I wanted his head there because I still think he stuck it out on purpose. Let'sstick to the other examples, accidents happen in hockey.

I wanted the Pens to trade Cooke after the Savard hit, regardless of the fact that is was legal at the time. IMHO there is no place in hockey for that, there needs to be respect. But Cooke has done a very good job at turning his career around. This was simply and accident, get over it.

As long as the knuckle sandwich is made with Islay's chipped chopped ham, it'll make the knuckle sammich hammier . . .

Anyway, I hope the Pens don't get caught up in any appcray. Cooke needs to tell his teammates before the game "whatever happens, just let it be".

Ottawa? Get over it you hypocrites. Remember that Chris Neal plays on your team, and you have a captain who like to shot pucks at peoples heads when the games have ended an you lose, so you just stay classy as ever.

And your fans, whatever. For those who want to play the "If it your player you would see it different blah blah blah", look at our recent history We were mad when Sid got Steckled, but we didn't call for his head. We were mad when Slewban sliced up Staal's foot carelessly, but we didn't call for his head. We were mad when DelZotto concussed Neal, but we're not calling for his head. We were upset when Myers blew out Malkins knee, but we were not mad, he's just a clumsy oaf. We were mad when Ovechicken nearly ended Gonchar's career with the knee in the playoffs . . wait, strike that last one, even I wanted his head there because I still think he stuck it out on purpose. Let'sstick to the other examples, accidents happen in hockey.

I wanted the Pens to trade Cooke after the Savard hit, regardless of the fact that is was legal at the time. IMHO there is no place in hockey for that, there needs to be respect. But Cooke has done a very good job at turning his career around. This was simply and accident, get over it.

Preach brother!

I forgot about Alfredsson trying to take out Niedermayer with that late slapper as the period expired. It's not like a puck would do any damage...they just take out eyes and break jaws. Apparently that was followed by a sucker punch.

Preach brother!

I forgot about Alfredsson trying to take out Niedermayer with that late slapper as the period expired. It's not like a puck would do any damage...they just take out eyes and break jaws. Apparently that was followed by a sucker punch.

Yeah, pot meet kettle

Edited by nossagog

Ottawa also needs the points to make the playoffs as they're ahead but not by much. And do they risk a cheap shot on Cooke and getting a McIntyre cheap shotting say... Conacher or even Alfredsson?

Edited by Polaris922

All that hype and no real sizzle. McIntyre only stepped up in Neil to take an extra two minutes for basically nothing. No real issues. Neil challenged Cooke and mocked him when Cooke skated away. But you also saw Neil stay clear of McIntyre... Doing the same thing.

All that hype and no real sizzle. McIntyre only stepped up in Neil to take an extra two minutes for basically nothing. No real issues. Neil challenged Cooke and mocked him when Cooke skated away. But you also saw Neil stay clear of McIntyre... Doing the same thing.

You know that Cooke wasn't going to fight Neil, and I agree. No matter, better to keep Neil on the ice rather than get a fighting major for the Pens, five minutes with them using him on the ice is less time for scoring chances.

Neil actually looked scared when McIntyre confronted him. Good for Cooke...he shouldn't have to fight Neil (up in weight class) for an accident. When he's wrong, he answers (see: Savard/Thornton).

Neil has reached puzzy status in my book now. Not so tought when another heavyweight wants to dance.

Between Neil, Melnyk and MacLean it's easy not to like the Sens now.

Neil actually looked scared when McIntyre confronted him. Good for Cooke...he shouldn't have to fight Neil (up in weight class) for an accident. When he's wrong, he answers (see: Savard/Thornton).

Neil has reached puzzy status in my book now. Not so tought when another heavyweight wants to dance.

Between Neil, Melnyk and MacLean it's easy not to like the Sens now.

Big Mac's a heavyweight, Neil would be out of his class as a middleweight, I don't blame him for not going with Big Mac. For the same reason I don't blame the lightweight Cooke for not wanting to go with Neil. My feeling for Neil has not changed, never really had much respect. He takes runs at players as he did last night to Despres. Legal hit, but you're lining up a player thats already engaged with someone else, so try to hurt him when he's focused elsewhere. But for Ottawa fans, I guess that's okay.

As for McClean, man I thought that Lindy Ruff and John "Fonzy" Torterella were whiners, but any time his team was penalized last night they should him and he was in disbelief. I guess his team can do no wrong, then again, maybe it was that mustache that was geting in the way.

Good road win.

Big Mac's a heavyweight, Neil would be out of his class as a middleweight, I don't blame him for not going with Big Mac. For the same reason I don't blame the lightweight Cooke for not wanting to go with Neil. My feeling for Neil has not changed, never really had much respect. He takes runs at players as he did last night to Despres. Legal hit, but you're lining up a player thats already engaged with someone else, so try to hurt him when he's focused elsewhere. But for Ottawa fans, I guess that's okay.

As for McClean, man I thought that Lindy Ruff and John "Fonzy" Torterella were whiners, but any time his team was penalized last night they should him and he was in disbelief. I guess his team can do no wrong, then again, maybe it was that mustache that was geting in the way.

Good road win.

6'1 and 215 isn't exactly a "middleweight". if we are getting down to this many classifications we might as well watch boxing. What's next? Unification of the Hockey Goon titles? Rappers getting shot outside of hockey games? (Just messing.) ;) Neil, to his credit, has squared up with some bigger guys. Neil, to his...whatever...backed down from McIntyre. Murray, too.

I won't kill coaches too much for whining about calls during the game. A lot of that (not all) is gamesmanship. But there are lines that can be crossed i/m/h/o...like Tortsie's rant last year or Julien accusing the Habs of diving (hello Brad Marchand) or Lavy's tantrum or Berube (assistants should be seen and not heard) or on and on...

Makes you appreciate Bylsma for taking the high road the vast majority of the time.

6'1 and 215 isn't exactly a "middleweight". if we are getting down to this many classifications we might as well watch boxing. What's next? Unification of the Hockey Goon titles? Rappers getting shot outside of hockey games? (Just messing.) ;) Neil, to his credit, has squared up with some bigger guys. Neil, to his...whatever...backed down from McIntyre. Murray, too.

I won't kill coaches too much for whining about calls during the game. A lot of that (not all) is gamesmanship. But there are lines that can be crossed i/m/h/o...like Tortsie's rant last year or Julien accusing the Habs of diving (hello Brad Marchand) or Lavy's tantrum or Bebe (assistants should be seen and not heard) or on and on...

Makes you appreciate Bylsma for taking the high road the vast majority of the time.

There's gamesmanship, and there's just whining. I think the Michalek trip on Engelland was the classic. They're turning to counter and Micalek gets his stick between Engelland feet and trips him, giving him what would be a one on none break, and he's complaing about it like nothing happened. Really?

• Like 1

There's gamesmanship, and there's just whining. I think the Michalek trip on Engelland was the classic. They're turning to counter and Micalek gets his stick between Engelland feet and trips him, giving him what would be a one on none break, and he's complaing about it like nothing happened. Really?

Yeah - that would fall under "whining"...