Latest Babcock School for the Press Video

SpikeDDS

OK, this is the pre-game presser held the day before Game 2 of the Wings-Hawks series. Before the game, you would think his answers were just semi-sarcastic evasions of the questions, but Game 2 showed that he wasn't just evasive, he was RIGHT!

I always enjoy watching him sarcastically put the press in their places, poking fun while he does it so it comes off funny rather than mean-spirited. He does it like few other coaches do it, and you just HAVE to laugh! He is a darn good hockey mind!

It may require that you select the proper video. It is the 05-18-13 Pre-Game Babcock vid.

Enjoy!

http://video.redwing...bed-share-video

Edited by SpikeDDS
  • Like 1

I'm glad i watched that, "yeah i could explain that to ya, but that'd take a couple of hours so i'm just going to say ..." that's great stuff.

I guess Torts runs a little too close to the surface to pull off the humor the way Babcock does.

good post @SpikeDDS

@mojo1917,

He handles the press in a similar fashion frequently. It's fun to watch.

In either 2002 or 2003, between the WCFs and the SCFs, Tomas Holmstrom had been called for being in the crease on multiple occasions, but the last two were not justified. The press just HOUNDED him with questions about it, trying to provoke him to say something about the refs, and he tried to be coy, but they kept coming. Finally he asked the questioner, "Was he in the crease?" They guy replies off-camera (you can hear him say), "Well his stick was in the crease..." Babcock interjects, "Oh, so that's the rule now, is it?! No sticks in the crease? You know, you guys can say whatever you want, and it doesn't cost you anything to do it. All I'm gonna tell you is that if Homer's in the crease call him for being in the crease, but don't make stuff up! What's next?"

I WISH I knew then how to save that video! Can't find it any more. It was CLASSIC stuff! Babcock is a hoot! It's gotta be a love-hate relationship from the press' POV. Smart coach, and you can see the genius in how he is handling Brendan Smith. Got us a goal in Game 2!

I really enjoyed the roller coaster display he did on this one. Laughed out loud! Liked the two hour thing too.

Edited by SpikeDDS