Alain vigneault fired

Alain Vigneault has been let go by the Vancouver Canucks, a mercy killing really.

He didn't miss a easy shot and give up cheap goals like certain goalies who shall remain nameless. He didn't play disinterested defense like certain blue liners who shall remain nameless. He didn't give up and go through the motions like certain forwards who shall go nameless.

Vigneault stayed longer than most coaches, and was there past the time frame when the club was listening to him. Talented club, he got them to a finals but they have been a first round knockout two years in a row, going 1-8 in the playoffs.

He lost his team, they gave up on him and quit listening. He is a good coach who will land on his feet, the one who I feel for is whoever comes in next to this club. No more skating by and winning a soft division and convincing people that they are better than they are, starting next year they will play the likes of the Kings, Sharks, Ducks and the improved Wild. This club needs blown up.

@yave1964 I was actually going to start a thread sticking up for Vigneault, you beat me to it. What a great coach this guy is. Second most series wins in the playoffs, only Babcock has more. Dispite several less than stellar playoffs by his supposed stars. Dallas would be a great fit for Alain. It's a shame the Flyers are married to Lavi, cause I would take this guy in a heartbeat to coach the Flyers.

• Like 1