Pens / Sens - Game 5

B21

Please - PLEASE - finish this team off tonight. Give the veterans a chance to rest (the Bruins will likly be well rested).

I think Game 5 while up 3-1 is the biggest 'must-win' for the home team. Lose and the Sens have life headed back to their barn.

Come out strong. Take the wind out of their sails early. No risky passes (you, Letang). No stupid penalties (hello, Geno).

I put this one on the Captain - get the boys ready from the puck drop.

If the Sens could not get up for, let alone win, Game 4 in the own building, I think the Pens close them out at CEC tonight.

You KNOW that the Sens are going to try to come out hard. Be ready.

You KNOW that Neil is going to go out there and try to cause you to retaliate. Just Say No.

You KNOW that the Sens are going to toss everything at the net that they can. Clear quickly. Other than the shortie last game, they have not shown much off of the rush.

Be ready, Be intense, Close it out and rest.

• Like 1

Good first period, keep coming strong.

And for all you Crosby haters that say he whines all the time. That was an aweful penalty against him, and guess what, he just skated to the box and didn't say a word.

Foot, Gas peddle. Please don't play like your up by three in the third. Keep playing with all the speed you have been showing.

Pens should toss out a thanks to Chris Neil this series. How many times has he taken a stupid penalty that they have scored on?(granted is was 4v4, but who wouldn't love that with the Pens lineup)

And to think he was wearing the "A" when Spezza was out.

Edited by nossagog
  • Like 1

Now THAT was a nice finish. Great game, and what to keep pushing in the third.

James Neal is starting to look like the player before the concussion. He's flying out there, finishing his checks, and burying the puck.

Good to get Morrow and Iginla some rest.

Congrats Pens Fans!

Even though I wishfully picked the Sens in 6 I never thought it would happen. ;)

and yes Neal is looking like a player that is worth of my first pick of the draft, now if there is a way Vokoun tweaks something in practice and Fleury goes back to being the #1 G, my team can inch up from the basement. :P

• Like 1

Congrats Pens Fans!

Even though I wishfully picked the Sens in 6 I never thought it would happen. ;)

and yes Neal is looking like a player that is worth of my first pick of the draft, now if there is a way Vokoun tweaks something in practice and Fleury goes back to being the #1 G, my team can inch up from the basement. :P

The Fleuey things a killer. At this point, he has to officially be the back up this postseason.

• Like 1

The Fleuey things a killer. At this point, he has to officially be the back up this postseason.

Yup - it's Vokoun's job to lose (in the playoffs) at this point. With each game he wins, the leash gets longer.

Knock on wood....the Pens are scoring a full goal per game more than any other team and now have a net minder who is 3rd w/ a 1.85 GAA abd 2nd w/ a .941 Save % (which includes two garbage goals scored late while the Pens were up by 4-5 goals).

Knock on wood....scary.

Edited by B21
  • Like 1