Flyer Statement: Briere Buy Out Official

radoran

They just didn't, don't, and will not learn.

When the Flyers stumble out of the gate next season, how long into the season do you suppose we'll hear some imbecile with the excuse, "well, you can't expect them to gel yet, what with all the roster turnover. This team is REALLY good; you're just too damn impatient."

Bookmark this. I guarantee we'll still be hearing the above or similar crap well into January.

How do I know? Because I've seen the movie at least 15 times.

• Like 1

I'd like to interrupt this little pig roast with a little brutal honesty:

It was not a year and a half. He's been piss poor and increasingly so for two years. The guy is done. And his presser says that he might be thinking the same. It's terrific to have "the best swimmer" on the team, but when you live in a desert...

He played absolutely zero defense. Zero. He floated in the neutral zone and didn't do nearly enough of anything else the past two years to justify it. People say "let him play center instead of wing and he'll do better." Well, I remember him at center and people yelling for wing. It's not the position; it's the player.

I wrote above that I liked him as a person...based solely on interviews and the reported nurturing Giroux, etc. It's not like I bake cakes with him or anything. But he seems like a genuinely good guy. And I appreciated what he did for the team the first few seasons while he was here. I appreciated him as a player in Buffalo as well, although I hated that every time a Flyer sneezed it seemed like he was stealing the puck and scoring. But the fact remains that his cap hit is absurd against his production. I wish him the best, but this move was a must-do.

You bake cakes with him don't ya?