Wild trade Clutterbuck to the Islanders

Guest hf101

@hf101 Amazing fall from grace by Nino. How do you go to 5th overall just 3 years ago to gone for a grinder? Betcha the scout that was pushing for this pick is working for another team now. At least there is a pick in there, thought it was straight up and almost fell out of my chair!

Anyone know why the Wild didn't want to sign CC? We all know the player he is, he's never going to light it up and win trophies, etc. but he seems like a pretty effective player to me. Was it money, the Wild shedding salary? CC doesn't exactly make a ton...

@canoli I think he got forced out by the Wild youth movement. They have a lot of prospects that are NHL ready. Cal is a fine checker, great worker, he'll be put on the Isles 3rd line with Grabner and Nielson. He should fit in fine there, actually when I think about who he is gonna be playing with, looks like a nice career move to play on the Island. Nice up and coming team also.

• Like 1