Canada vs USA Game #4

Guest jammer2

First off, to our American Flyer brothers....USA will rebound, this is just a little bump in the road for them. To much talent in the USA for this team to stay down long. I expect a huge game from Etem, who I think will be a great pro.

Important that Canada keeps the pedal to the medal. The big thing is this game is the forwards backchecking like maniacs and helping out Wedger. A strong performance by the Wedgemiester means he'll be in net for the medal rounds....something most Canadians want real bad.

I'll refrain from statements like "winning the gold is our birthright"....etc...it's stupid and disrespectful. If anything, the last two years have taught me/given me a nice dose of humple pie...something I needed. Being humble in victory or defeat is just as important as the outcome....something I've thankfully learned the past few years.

Best of luck USA...but not to much... :)

Starting to realize just how special this group of Canadian kids is. Outscoring their opposition 26-3 in the Preliminary rounds....wow...that is truly amazing. Wedger looked rock solid. No sign of the lazy stick infractions we witnessed against Denmark. USA did not really show up, expected more from them. I still think they will show up for the final 2 periods and make this a game. Stone Cold....continues the nice run...what a great story.

Slovakia advances to the medal rounds...another nice story coming out of this years tourny....don't think anyone expected this from them.

Thought Canada could have and should have put them away with several opportunities when it was 3-0. With the US pressing, there were multiple odd man rushes the other way including a couple of 3 on 1s where the Canadians fanned on shots or shot wide with half the net gaping open at them. But once the US got one they looked like the team we expected them to be for the rest of the game. Both goalies played well, with Wedgewood assuring himself the start next game.

Thought Canada could have and should have put them away with several opportunities when it was 3-0.

Me too. So much so that I stopped watching and switched to the Jets game and then forgot to go back. Very impressed by our "no-name" D corps, especially Gormley and Harrington. They just get the job done with little fanfare. Wedgewood looks good and gives me hope that we can reverse last year's failure.

Happy New Year to you, @jammer2 and all Flyer fans.

We switched back and forth between periods and the odd commercial break. The guy who's party we were at had a "countdown to the Leafs playoff contention exit". If only we could have watched it on Vaders 42 foot plasma.

Happy New Year Pods, and everyone else!

The guy who's party we were at had a "countdown to the Leafs playoff contention exit".

Brilliant. It was qute the part atmosphere in the Phone Booth last night. Wish I was there for it. I hope you realize how fortunate you were to see Burmistrov play as a Jr, 'cause he is something special. I absolutely love his game.

I've said it before and will say it again, he has Datsyuk-like offensive upside (because he has Datsyuk like skills), which are still developing, of course while he plays all situations. He may be better than Datsyuk defensively, and works his butt off. Plenty of evidence of that last night on the backcheck. He also is in impressive physical condition. Last night he took a very long shift (only 'cause he was trapped in his end due to giveway by others), but was right out there less than a minute later doing all the little things, winning faceoffs and killing penalties. No points and evens on the score sheet, but a big role in the win nonetheless IMO.

Ok, I've gushed enuff. I wish he was a Flyer, what can I say.

Go Canada!