My thoughts on the 2013-14 Washington Capitals

The Capital record in and out of their division over the past several seasons:

Season in division out of division

2013 15-3-0 12-15-3

2012 12-8-4 30-24-4

2011 14-7-3 34-16-8

2010 19-3-2 35-12-1

TOAL 60-21-9 111-67-16

This is a good club that has appeared better than they are by feeding off of guppy teams like the Panthers Lightning and Jets all of whom are long gone replaced by a rugged division including the Flyers, Rangers islanders and Penguins, as well as up and coming newcomer the Blue Jackets.

The divisional record has stayed relatively the same while the record outside of the division has gotten worse every season over the past four years.

Ovie was amazing last year, IMHO he deserved all of the hardware he received as he carried this club on his shoulders into the playoffs. Also IMHO he cannot possibly be expected to have the same type of season again.

Losing point a game Ribero hurts and not signing anyone to replace him does as well. Losing Schultz and Hendricks not so much but they are depth players and so far the only signing of note is Tyson Strachan.

This is a team in trouble going to a division that they will not pad their record against like they used to in yeas past, I see them on the outside looking in with or without signing Mikhael Grabovski. They have two goalies, maybe one could be shopped for a top six forward which would help, other than that tradeable pieces just aren't there. This could and likely will be a long season for the Washington Capitals.

• Like 1

@yave1964 Yave, I think you have to start more topics..you just haven't been pulling your weight lately, my friend! LOL :lol:

(Great work all around, btw!)...Do you think the past few seasons have declined outside division due to mainly Ovi declining/aging? An interesting thought... Yah, what a HUGE change of division rivalries, huh? Just NO comparison ('guppy teams'..haha).....It should be a fun division to watch though this season....oh yah, GO BLUE JACKETS!! (hey, someone's gotta represent!) :ph34r:

• Like 1

@yave1964 You're just a trooper Yave! Cudos! Me?...heh I couldn't even touch your knowledge of the game! But, oh yah, that reminds me, I do have a sorta interesting topic on my mind...stay tuned...

I'm excited to Caps along what used be Atlantic Division. It's going be hellova fight for playoff run I can't even pick any team to get there expect Pitts.

Would love to see Pitts & Hawks duke it out though... :)

• Like 1