Groundhog Day-Flyers goaltending

Guest Samifan

After watching both Emery and Mason this preseason, it looks like I will once again be holding my breath every time an opponent takes a shot on the Flyers net. Every year the song remains the same.

Edited by Samifan

It's the same old types of goalies with the same organizational excuses.  I said it when they just traded him and I'll say it now. They should have kept Bobrovsky.  The organization thinks hockey is a "show" and a goalie does not matter. They're wrong.

• Like 1

. They should have kept Bobrovsky.  The organization thinks hockey is a "show" and a goalie does not matter. They're wrong.

Understatement of the year! I hated the move then and I still hate the move to this day.  This trade will come back to haunt us for years to come.  Once again Homer and Snider tried to be clever and they outsmarted themselves.  And fans wonder why this organization has not won a cup since the mid 70's.  It is gonna be painful watching Bob develop in a really good NHL goalie.

• Like 1

Why not title it, Groundhog Day - Flyers.

I know the preseason is meaningless, but it is the same ole story for the men in O & B: Horrible defensive play, passionless shift after shift, no implementation of a "system."

The only good news is that Lavi will be gone 15 games in and Gomer will be sent out to pasture shortly thereafter. Can we say, rebuild?

Edited by caluso

It was my understanding that we will have similar goaltending stats this year, it just won't cost a ka-jillion dollars anymore:) So I'd be prepared for another tough season (What draft year does Connor Mcdavid fall into:??) and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

I said it when they just traded him and I'll say it now. They should have kept Bobrovsky.

Yeah, and why they let him go for so little return was what really tweaked me. I mean, OK, you're (homer) gonna sell me on that we need to trade him, (we didn't) but at least pump him up some and get some value in return?