Domi gets only 4 for flying elbow headshot

Guest flyercanuck

Max Domi  was given a measly 4 game suspension by OHL joke of a commissioner David Branch in yet another ass-kissing move toward his precious London Knights.

Here's Domis wreckless attempt to decapitate McGinn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWvfUW8N9lI

If Domi played for the Colts, I'd guess he'd get at least 20 for that.

Branch gave Colts captain 10 for this hit, during the playoffs, as a first time offender. It was one of 5 suspensions he handed out to Colt players during the postseason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S98_SopmAF8

That is pretty pathetic...

Domi didn't like being checked by McGinn and just decides to deliver a flying elbow to the head. There is no way that this can be spun as anything other than an attempt to injure, you can't say that this is a hockey play gone wrong. Perhaps Branch has an opportunity for a move to the NHL player safety dept... seems he would fit right in... 

IMO the correct response for Domi there would be if he doesn't like the hit then throw some punches. That is the kind of fight everyone wants to see, born out of emotion and frustration, not staged crap.

Ten games for O'Connor for that hit? Seriously??? I don't know what the aftermath of the hit was, IE player injured on the play but either way a BS call IMO. When hard clean hits result in suspensions it makes you wonder what the game is coming to...

Edited by EDI-Flyer

Max Domi was given a measly 4 game suspension by OHL joke of a commissioner David Branch in yet another ass-kissing move toward his precious London Knights.

The apple has not fallen far from the tree......I guess he is headed down the road to be a chip off the old Block(cement)head....

@EDI-Flyer

Couldn't agree with your post anymore. Branch won't even come to games in Barrie. The suspensions he handed out last year against the Colts (and the suspensions he didn't hand out to his sons team during a 7 game series against Barrie) were an absolute joke.

All this because Barrie got up to leave during his speech at the Memorial Cup tournament to meet their curfew. (and management told Branch about it prior)

@EDI-Flyer

Couldn't agree with your post anymore. Branch won't even come to games in Barrie. The suspensions he handed out last year against the Colts (and the suspensions he didn't hand out to his sons team during a 7 game series against Barrie) were an absolute joke.

All this because Barrie got up to leave during his speech at the Memorial Cup tournament to meet their curfew. (and management told Branch about it prior)

I didn't see much of the Belleville series so I'll take your word for it. But for a guy who has handed out what can only be described as draconian punishments elsewhere he sure seems to be looking at this case with rose tinted spectacles. Or should that be green black and gold tinted spectacles...?

@flyercanuck

The rationale for the Domi suspension according to the OHL

Blow to the head
Left feet
Injury on play

4 games

And yet Owen Sound's Stefano Pezzetta gets suspended 8 games for this hit against Barrie 

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/video/index/id/da81a5a2770c30ec7a4049237fafee74

citing 

Player in danger zone

Not in possession of puck

Unsuspecting player

Check from behind

Injury on play

IMO points 2,3 and 5 apply to Domi as well. I mean in the normal scheme of things you don't expect a player to physically launch himself at you elbow first when you don't have possession of the puck...

Inconsistent would seem to be a charitable description!

Edited by EDI-Flyer