Reimer

Guest phg

An entertaining game tonight against Montreal.  Although the last two minutes brought back memories of that unforgettable game in Boston...As Yogi Berra said deja vu all over again.  To my point though I thought Reimer had a good game.  He doesn't seem to be giving up as many rebounds and it makes a difference.  Having said that every time he comes out to play the puck behind the net he gives me fits...Something that seems to be a perennial problem IMO... 

Holy crap another Leaf fan!

Those last couple minutes were way too intense.  :P

Reimer's rebound control did look noticeably improved to me. Hopefully it's not just a fluke and he can continue to develop into a  heck of a goalie. But yeah, playing the puck is certainly something Bernier is better at.

Still, Reimer had a very good game tonight. Last goal was kind of weak unfortunately, but he kept them in it and got the win. Can't complain about that.

An entertaining game tonight against Montreal.  Although the last two minutes brought back memories of that unforgettable game in Boston...As Yogi Berra said deja vu all over again.  To my point though I thought Reimer had a good game.  He doesn't seem to be giving up as many rebounds and it makes a difference.  Having said that every time he comes out to play the puck behind the net he gives me fits...Something that seems to be a perennial problem IMO...

Osgood used to make me crazy with the Wings playing the puck all over, I think in another life he must have thought he had been a defenseman...

From what little I saw of Bernier in the pre-season, he was looking good vs the Wings on Friday, 32 saves after all (the 2 that I saw were amazing)...they were just way outshot by the Wings...Howard only had 19 shots at him compared to Bernier's 37!  I think Bernier will do well & it will be fun to watch & good for the team to have the 2 goalies sparring with each other in the blue paint this season.  Imo, I think that's a healthy position to be in for the Leafs.

@jammer2 Yes, based on his stellar performance in Wed's game vs Flyers, he certainly looks the more consistent goalie, even within a single game, as compared to Reimer within a single game. I'm pretty stoked to watch what looks like will be a star of a goalie...On top of it, I'm pretty happy he was 'stolen' from the Kings (patooey!), & is now a Canadian 'tender!  :lol:

@goalnut3133  I picked Bernier in the 10th round of our fantasy hockey keeper league. I expect outstanding play from this kid. My other goalies are Holtby, who has STUNK in the first 2 games, but I still believe in the kid. Apparently so does coach Adam Oates, cause he's getting the call to play in Game #3 on Saturday. Nice move by Oates, letting him work through this slump and get his confidence back. Combine King Henry with Holtby and Bernier and my goalies should be pretty tough to beat most weeks.....or so the plan goes....LOL!