Red Wings and Flyers

yave1964

October 12th, a Saturday I am going to the Joe with the wife to see the Wings whoop up on the Flyers. It will be a good test as the Wings acclimate to the East and the conference sees if they can keep up with the Wings. We are following the club to Boston to see the Wings two days later playing in Boston. A few nights away from my grown kids and my grandkids, which will drive me crazy, I always try to talk my daughters in to dropping off the kids, but Wings and Flyers followed by Wings and Bruins and five days in New England in the early fall, something that is on my bucket list. This is my Christmas from the wife, she wanted to know if it was enough and I just stared at her. Now I have to come up with something to try to top this.

Keep in mind, our honeymoon we followed the Wings on a road trip and she is almost as rabid a fan as I am. She is a keeper and I am never letting her go. Thanks to my wife for the best early Christmas gift ever.

Girls like hockey?? And you can marry these girls!?!

Why didn't anybody tell me this?!

And whaddya mean the East has to "keep up" with Detroit? Pfft, we're totally....awesome, or something. :unsure:

No but seriously I'll be interested to see how Detroit (and to a lesser extent, Columbus) fares in the East/Atlantic. The first Detroit vs Boston game should be particularly interesting.

• Like 2

@yave1964

Sounds like a great trip yave, enjoy.

We have tickets to 10 home games this year including the Redwings, and @Commander Clueless my daughters are begging to give them each a set of tickets.

we have alaways bought a partial season ticket package to the CBJ and got a few Wings games in there but this year with the realignment did not renew, instead we are going to the Joe, going to Boston now and will pick a few cities to visit that we have not been to.

@yave1964

Visit Scenic Newark, New Jersey!!

Actually we thought about Atlantic city before deciding upon New England and then we are going to see a Hurricane game in February and then finish with a game in Winnipeg come March....Unlike Bryz we aren't afraid of the Winnipeg weather and we plan on visiting the sports card shop owned and operated by former goalie Joe Daley. Gonna be a fun hockey season. Hopefully we wrap up the season with a victory parade in Detroit......

@yave1964  Are you leaving right after the game?  If not, maybe head over to Windsor for some gambling....would love to meet you and the wife!

Let me get with the wife, that would be great! I will send you some info in a private message this weekend!