Game one not bad. Sabres got their legs in second half

Guest Hockey Junkie

It did not start good and Myers was bad.  Other than that I cannot complain because the Sabres took it to them in the latter part of the second and the third.  They hit a post, Vanek did, and that would have tied it.  Its one game and Detroit has played together longer as a unit.  I see some promise.   82 games is a long schedule.  We did not get blown out.  We held our own and for the first game in a tough building that is not bad.

• Like 1

Miller impressed, he kept you guys in the game. Nice stop on Emmerton on the penalty shot, he tricked him, opening his five hole inviting the shot and when Emmerton fired the more experienced Miller quickly and non chalantly swept it aside with his stick. The biggest problem i see with your team is the powerless play. Wretched. Two five on threes with one combined shot on them, Just awful. Someone needs to quarterback the powerplay or it will be a loooong season. But like you said, it was only one game. Good luck this year.

I assumed everyone was a Flyers fan.  Oh well.  I am not putting down the Flyers either, just mentioned I am surprised by Toronto.  We both have work to do and questions to answer or its going to be no fun. 

Well, that's what comes from "assuming" - the whole world doesn't revolve around the Flyers and this is a site for fans of many teams.

Defensive reactions about what the Flyers did is completely irrelevant to what the Sabres are doing.

• Like 1

It is all good guys. I am a Wings fan and try to put my two cents in about al of the clubs, Junkie as long as it is civil keep plugging away pal. Good comments about your Sabres. I think it is fair to say you have no intention of getting a Tyler Myers tattoo then, lol?

When the kid broke in I thought he was the next Shea Weber a big buff Canadian boy who had a wicked shot. Instead of becoming big rough and gruff he has turned into the modern day Willie Huber, a soft player who gets pushed around by smaller players and seems to be out of position as often as not. Every now and then Huber showed flashes, as a Wing fan he drove me nuts, every time we thought he turned a corner he would slip back. Two steps forward, one back. That is Myers.

Edited by yave1964