Vanek and/or Miller will not come cheap, IF THEY GO

Buffalo Rick

I still say we will offer long term contracts to these two players and we should.  It's ridiculous some of the crap I am reading.  If the Teams think they are going to get Vanek for a couple of bums and a second round pick they are dreaming.  And the same goes for Ryan Miller if the Oilers go after him.  These guys are blue chip players.  They are guys that can single handily win games.  I do not want to lose either of them.  But if they were to be traded, be assured they will cost.  If Darcy were in a bind to trade them or lose them rest assured they will go to the Western conference.   My money says Regier and Pegula will pay them whatever they want and keep them.  That is the smart move.  Build around them, Ott, Hodgeson, Erhoff, Myers and Rasmus.  Leino and Stafford are likely to be gone if they can find a buyer.  I do not know the timetable on Leino coming back?  The guy is always ****** injured.

I still say we will offer long term contracts to these two players and we should.  It's ridiculous some of the crap I am reading.  If the Teams think they are going to get Vanek for a couple of bums and a second round pick they are dreaming.  And the same goes for Ryan Miller if the Oilers go after him.  These guys are blue chip players.  They are guys that can single handily win games.  I do not want to lose either of them.  But if they were to be traded, be assured they will cost.  If Darcy were in a bind to trade them or lose them rest assured they will go to the Western conference.   My money says Regier and Pegula will pay them whatever they want and keep them.  That is the smart move.  Build around them, Ott, Hodgeson, Erhoff, Myers and Rasmus.  Leino and Stafford are likely to be gone if they can find a buyer.  I do not know the timetable on Leino coming back?  The guy is always ****** injured.

There is no one in the league that "single handedly" wins games. Goalies can come close, but you've still got to score to win a 1-0 game.

I don't know what they will need to give up to get rid of Leino, but there might be a taker at the right price.

The real question isn't whether the Sabres might offer Vanek and Miller contracts rightnow, but whether they would sign them.

There is no one in the league that "single handedly" wins games. Goalies can come close, but you've still got to score to win a 1-0 game.

I don't know what they will need to give up to get rid of Leino, but there might be a taker at the right price.

The real question isn't whether the Sabres might offer Vanek and Miller contracts rightnow, but whether they would sign them.

Well if Regier does not make them an offer he needs to be shown the door fast.  Leino is obviously a bust.  The guy is another Hecht.  Hurt all the time. 

• Like 1