Bob

fanaticV3.0

@fanaticV3.0

He's not proven as far as being a top ten goalie in the league. But he's won more Vezina trophies than any Flyer goalie over the last quarter century.

The thing that pissed me off wasn't that I thought we'd traded away a potential Vezina winner. It was that we finally had a goalie who showed some great potential, then went out and signed a mediocre goalie playing on a great defensive team to a ridiculous lifetime contract....forcing the trade of Bob.

See, this is what I don't get at all about the Bob supporters.

2010-2011 Flyers 54 28 13 - 8 0 130 1,527 .915 2.59 3,017 2011-2012 Flyers 29 14 10 - 2 0 78 769 .899 3.02 1,550

These are the numbers that make you say "finally"? I don't comprehend that. I don't see what is so special about those numbers. And I hate to say it, but Bryz's numbers during the two seasons coming into his signing were better than this. I will never defend the amount of money they spent on him. Ever. But he had  better stats, so I don't see how you are enamored with Bob based on his time here, but pretty dismissive of Bryz's better numbers.

@fanaticV3.0

I'm not talking about stats. I'm talking about the potential he showed. Great reflexes, quickness, a great attitude. He was far from polished, but considering he was fairly new to North America, as a culture, language and different style of game, he certainly looked better than almost any prospect we'd had in net for quite awhile. And when you take into account how long it usually takes goalies to fully develop, he really wasn't given much of a chance in Philly.

• Like 1

@fanaticV3.0

I'm not talking about stats. I'm talking about the potential he showed. Great reflexes, quickness, a great attitude. He was far from polished, but considering he was fairly new to North America, as a culture, language and different style of game, he certainly looked better than almost any prospect we'd had in net for quite awhile. And when you take into account how long it usually takes goalies to fully develop, he really wasn't given much of a chance in Philly.

We can't have this conversation without talking about them.

I'm the one who used "pedestrian."

The phrase was "so far, he's been fairly pedestrian on a lousy team."    I was speaking of this year, but obviously that wasn't clear and really couldn't have been read to mean that.   I've edited it to say "so far this year, he's been..."  (In case anyone later reads both our posts and thinks you've missed my point regarding pedestrian, my point wasn't very clear until after edit).

Even this year, "pedestrian" may be unfair, but Mason's numbers are actually slightly better.

But Rad, I think I actually missed what you were citing with the numbers above.  Whose are those?   Bobrovsky's not around long enough for that many numbers.   Wasn't sure who they were referring to.

Those are Bob's SV% in games this year. :D