Runblad and Gromley

Philly29

I guess I should post this in the Coyotes forum but I wanted Flyers fans take on this. What do you guys think of Coyotes young dmen in Runblad and Gromley? Are they future top line dmen, or average? From what I have heard they deff have potential.

I guess I should post this in the Coyotes forum but I wanted Flyers fans take on this. What do you guys think of Coyotes young dmen in Runblad and Gromley? Are they future top line dmen, or average? From what I have heard they deff have potential.

You are right the topic doesn't belong in the Flyers forum.  ;)

Many of us use the "View New Content" button and see New topics throughout the site. 

I think that Yotes have a solid young core of D-men.  Which is why for the right price Yandle should be traded.

OEL... That is who I would want from the Coyotes... Kid is a stud dman in the mold of Lidstrom

Sadly OEL is not going anywhere. Yandle is rumored every year to be on the block and as a Wing fan I would give my least favorite brother in laws left one to get Yandle wearing the winged wheel.

The Yotes have a large collection of NHL ready or near ready blue liners, maybe the biggest of any club in the league. Rundblad and Gromley are the most likely to be dealt to fill a hole among the forwards.

Rundblad came over for Turris and supposedly has some offensive abilities though they have not translated to the NHL yet at this point. He is a little rough around the edges defensively and is at 23 sitting in the press box as a healthy scratch most nights because he is out of options.

Gromley is only 21 and has a more rounded game, maybe not a ton of offensive upside but no real weaknesses in his overall game either. two years younger, between the two of them he is the one I would go after if I could only get one of them but he would have a higher price tag.

Michael Stone is the third young blue liner fighting for time with the Coyotes, a hard shot, big kid with a lot of skill.

With Yandle, OEL, Klesla, Michalek, and Derek Morris taking up five of the six spots every night, and with little depth at forward, and with okay defensive players David schlemko and Chris summers in the mix as well, it gives the Coyotes a chance to fill their biggest weakness, forward depth.

They could deal a Yandle for at least a top line forward to go with Ribiero and Hanzal. Yandle has holes in his game to be sure but he is easily the best defenseman who may be available this year or next.

Or they could trade Rundblad or Gromley to fill a second or third line forward hole.

Overall, the Yotes have a wonderful situation, while so many teams are scrambling to fill holes on the blue line, with ten nhl d-men plus the talented Connor Murphy in the system, some scouts rate him as a Keith Yandle lite. They are in a position to ask for a great return.

Edited by yave1964

Sadly OEL is not going anywhere. Yandle is rumored every year to be on the block and as a Wing fan I would give my least favorite brother in laws left one to get Yandle wearing the winged wheel.

The Yotes have a large collection of NHL ready or near ready blue liners, maybe the biggest of any club in the league. Rundblad and Gromley are the most likely to be dealt to fill a hole among the forwards.

Rundblad came over for Turris and supposedly has some offensive abilities though they have not translated to the NHL yet at this point. He is a little rough around the edges defensively and is at 23 sitting in the press box as a healthy scratch most nights because he is out of options.

Gromley is only 21 and has a more rounded game, maybe not a ton of offensive upside but no real weaknesses in his overall game either. two years younger, between the two of them he is the one I would go after if I could only get one of them but he would have a higher price tag.

Michael Stone is the third young blue liner fighting for time with the Coyotes, a hard shot, big kid with a lot of skill.

With Yandle, OEL, Klesla, Michalek, and Derek Morris taking up five of the six spots every night, and with little depth at forward, and with okay defensive players David schlemko and Chris summers in the mix as well, it gives the Coyotes a chance to fill their biggest weakness, forward depth.

They could deal a Yandle for at least a top line forward to go with Ribiero and Hanzal. Yandle has holes in his game to be sure but he is easily the best defenseman who may be available this year or next.

Or they could trade Rundblad or Gromley to fill a second or third line forward hole.

Overall, the Yotes have a wonderful situation, while so many teams are scrambling to fill holes on the blue line, with ten nhl d-men plus the talented Connor Murphy in the system, some scouts rate him as a Keith Yandle lite. They are in a position to ask for a great return.

Thank you very much for the great info. It really answers all my questions.