here's my plan as gm, you may not like this

flyersfan83

here's my plan as gm:

1. get rid of the bad contracts, hartnell, giroux, simmouds, coburn, vorack, schenn brothers, hopefully vincent and streit might waive their clauses, they will be blessing in disguise, they did it with gagne.

2. draft the best players and put them on the ice as rookies and sign players that will want to play for this team at minimal price not over the cap.

3. get an assitant coach that's from a winning oranization like bruins, blackhawks, redwings, penguins.

4. if the drafted players dont work that's fine, sent them to juniors, but at least you have a coach that can see the best in these players.

this team will probably struggle or maybe not, but i would rather see team that wants to play, skate and shoot, if they cant get goals that's fine but at least i want to see effort. last night is example of no effort what so ever.

what are your opinions bad or good?

I think in fantasy land it is a great idea... how are you going to get rid of those contracts?   and the NMCs to boot?

Jr players have a slide rule so 10 games wont be enough to judge talent.   I am all in but this plan is nothing more than what everyone could wish for... some players we are simply stuck with... 

Edited by murraycraven

Talk about over reacting. Lol. Keep the team as is and get rid of kimmo at the deadline. He will want to leave to a team that might win. Now the question is ... Does vinny plan on staying after this season. Rumors were rampid that he was going to be traded to Toronto from Tampa and be bought out and return to the lightning as a free agent at the same pay he is getting now. Is that true? Philly may have a deal with Tampa already agreed upon. If not then maybe it's time to look at coots as a trade piece something worth while. G is not a top five player is the league and never truly was. Him being captain was a brutal mistake by this organization. He is untradable with this contract. Everyone stays and build through the draft. I would select the top ranked dman. Another center isn't needed at this point. Unless it's a crosby or something. This team needs good coaching and tactisinist. I honestly believe as constructed this is a playoff team and capable of damage. Something is wrong in this locker room. However, that brawl last night may be what was needed to right this ship. A sort of coming together and starting that fire that they needed. Time will tell.

Talk about over reacting. Lol. Keep the team as is and get rid of kimmo at the deadline. He will want to leave to a team that might win. Now the question is ... Does vinny plan on staying after this season. Rumors were rampid that he was going to be traded to Toronto from Tampa and be bought out and return to the lightning as a free agent at the same pay he is getting now. Is that true? Philly may have a deal with Tampa already agreed upon. If not then maybe it's time to look at coots as a trade piece something worth while. G is not a top five player is the league and never truly was. Him being captain was a brutal mistake by this organization. He is untradable with this contract. Everyone stays and build through the draft. I would select the top ranked dman. Another center isn't needed at this point. Unless it's a crosby or something. This team needs good coaching and tactisinist. I honestly believe as constructed this is a playoff team and capable of damage. Something is wrong in this locker room. However, that brawl last night may be what was needed to right this ship. A sort of coming together and starting that fire that they needed. Time will tell.

no offense... but this is literally pure fantasy.  Please...

why would Vinny go to all of the Teams before signing then?  Also, you cant be bought out and then resigned by the same Team.   Truly I mean no direspect but this is as far fethced as I have read here.  

Edited by murraycraven

build around giroux, schenns, courtier, simmonds, vorachek, mason, and any other quality young player not mentioned

dump everyone else, tank the next season or three.  Don't trade any draft picks, don't sign any expensive free agents until there is a solid foundation of a defensive unit.

its actually quite simple but Al Davis is not patient enough to implement such a strategy.

[talking about trading giroux and a couple others is pure hysterical over reaction, quite feminine in a way]

Like drinking Kool Aide?

Like parroting trite cliches???  what exactly do you mean?

saying do not trade Giroux means im "drinking kool aide"??????

i suppose you assume then i believe there is no problems with the organizsation.  did you bother to read the remainder of the post.

please offer something intelligent in response instead of silly cliches and try reading the entire message so then you may be able to take one particular phrase in the proper context

stupid people, eyeroll

He wouldn't have been bought out by the same team bro. The deal was vinny to Toronto for future considerations. They were going to buy him out which would have allowed him to sign back with Tampa. Loop hole. The league stepped in and said there would be penalties. That was made public.

Like parroting trite cliches???  what exactly do you mean?

saying do not trade Giroux means im "drinking kool aide"??????

i suppose you assume then i believe there is no problems with the organizsation.  did you bother to read the remainder of the post.

please offer something intelligent in response instead of silly cliches and try reading the entire message so then you may be able to take one particular phrase in the proper context

stupid people, eyeroll

Dude... gimme a break, relax and get over it.  It was meant as a general comment in response to some posts that have been floating around about the silly people who can't admit the Flyers are a mess.  Your reaction is truly "quite feminine in a way."  Nowhere did I say that anything that you insinuated.  

I think in fantasy land it is a great idea... how are you going to get rid of those contracts?   and the NMCs to boot?

Jr players have a slide rule so 10 games wont be enough to judge talent.   I am all in but this plan is nothing more than what everyone could wish for... some players we are simply stuck with... 

get rid of them? hexy could pressure them to waive it if not, the coach can bench them if they dont play right, and maybe they will become unhappy and go someplace else. they are not going to happy if they are on the bench.

build around giroux, schenns, courtier, simmonds, vorachek, mason, and any other quality young player not mentioned

dump everyone else, tank the next season or three.  Don't trade any draft picks, don't sign any expensive free agents until there is a solid foundation of a defensive unit.

its actually quite simple but Al Davis is not patient enough to implement such a strategy.

[talking about trading giroux and a couple others is pure hysterical over reaction, quite feminine in a way]

it's not like it's 10 games for giroux, it's been like 69 games for giroux, he hasnt shown no effort last year or this year, so if he doesnt show effort then what's the point in keeping him? plus he going to make 8 million, you want a medicore player at 8 million a season for 8 years?

Edited by flyersfan83

He wouldn't have been bought out by the same team bro. The deal was vinny to Toronto for future considerations. They were going to buy him out which would have allowed him to sign back with Tampa. Loop hole. The league stepped in and said there would be penalties. That was made public.

Cant you ask Homer b/c I recall you have ties to him.  Why would a team give a handshake deal w/ another Team?  Why would they take on a player at nearly 5M per year for a favor?  It really makes no sense whatsoever...

get rid of them? hexy could pressure them to waive it if not you will be

it's not like it's 10 games for giroux, it's been like 69 games for giroux, he hasnt shown no effort last year or this year, so if he doesnt show effort then what's the point in keeping him? plus he going to make 8 million, you want a medicore player at 8 million a season for 8 years?

that is assuming Hexy is able to make the moves he wants w/out Ed Snider being involved.  everything else I am on board with...

Dude... gimme a break, relax and get over it.  It was meant as a general comment in response to some posts that have been floating around about the silly people who can't admit the Flyers are a mess.  Your reaction is truly "quite feminine in a way."  Nowhere did I say that anything that you insinuated.  

that would be a worthy response except you qouted me essentially saying trading Giroux is an over reaction and then said I was drinking kool aid

get rid of them? hexy could pressure them to waive it if not, the coach can bench them if they dont play right, and maybe they will become unhappy and go someplace else. they are not going to happy if they are on the bench.

im not going to argue Giroux's play over the past year because imo that's not really the point.

I believe trading him would be the typical knee jerk reaction Flyer move.  Something's not working at this particular moment so let's do something major.  Thast's what they've done since the end of the Lindros era and its a failure of a building plan.

The intelligent, rational, strategic thing to do would be to add pieces around Giroux instead of over reacting and lessening his true value.  I guarantee if any of those players who mentioned who are supposedly better than him were replaced with Giroux theyu'd be going throughgh the szme isssues becasuse this organization is rotten to the core.

As I said an intelligent plan would be to decided upon a group of younger players and build around them, and do not worry about wins/losses until 2016.  That's how you build a champion but again Al Davis would never approve such a thing

@magnumpi...

Your reading comprehension is an issue.  Go back and look... where did I quote you saying anything about Giroux?  The only think I quoted was your brash comment to the posters about being feminine w their thought process.  I know it is hard but you can look at it in B&W right above this post.  The rest of what you say is pure BS... it is all there so just read it.

My "Kool Aide" post ... well you can just read the previous post to figure it out. 

im not going to argue Giroux's play over the past year because imo that's not really the point.

I believe trading him would be the typical knee jerk reaction Flyer move. Something's not working at this particular moment so let's do something major. Thast's what they've done since the end of the Lindros era and its a failure of a building plan.

The intelligent, rational, strategic thing to do would be to add pieces around Giroux instead of over reacting and lessening his true value. I guarantee if any of those players who mentioned who are supposedly better than him were replaced with Giroux theyu'd be going throughgh the szme isssues becasuse this organization is rotten to the core.

As I said an intelligent plan would be to decided upon a group of younger players and build around them, and do not worry about wins/losses until 2016. That's how you build a champion but again Al Davis would never approve such a thing

I'll buy this. Make it so.