If you were Holland, what will you do?

SpikeDDS

OK, assuming no one gets seriously injured between now and when Pav & DeKeyser (DDK) are ready to return from their injuries, we have a "problem"--one of those good problems to have. If we aren't able to move anyone, who do you waive to make room?

Do you waive Cleary? Do you waive Weiss? Can you waive Sammy?

I actually wouldn't mind seeing it be Weiss, right now. I think with his salary and the way he has played so far, no team will want him for that and if he makes it through waivers, GR will give him some confidence. He looks kinda lost. A complete non-factor right now.

Sammy seems like an easy choice too though. I actually like Cleary playing.

There's no way I touch Tatar, Nyquist or Andersson right now. And Miller's staying put.

What will you do?

@SpikeDDS  Weiss is an odd case. His stats throughout his career indicate he's a 20 goal who guy who provides solid all round play. Don't really know what the problem is in Detroit, but he's been horrible offensively thus far, on pace for 8 goals and 12-13 pts. Is he one of those guys who hit 30 and regress due to the rigors of the NHL?  Whatever the case, something needs to be done. I think if he was waived, there *may* not be any takers due to his salary and poor production. Not the situation that was foreseen, seeing a potential 2 line center being waived to Grand Rapids. What could he really learn down there, the guy is 30 and basically a finished product.

I was certain Grabovski would be a much better fit in Detroit, and his stats appear to be bearing that out. Great all round game and has 8 goals to boot. Easy to say in retrospect (although I was on it much quicker...lol), but Grabo should have been the Wings first choice.

@SpikeDDS

I agree with @yave1964.  Sammy goes.  There's no way I'm giving up on Weiss now.  He just needs to find it.  Besides, Weiss is a center, and with Datsyuk gone, Franzen has also been playing center, although he should be on the wing.  Once Pavel comes back, Franzen can go back to the Wing and we'll have our centers all squared away.  Samuelsson is just old and creaky, and I would certainly send him down and replace him with Todd Bertuzzi (whom you conveniently left out in your opening entry ;)

I will remain on Dan Cleary's side to the end.  I know he doesn't have the points so far, but he's a grinder.  Reminiscent of the old McCartey-Draper-Maltby line.  I won't get rid of him.     

@WingNut722

I would agree with you on Cleary. His value increases in the playoffs, as last year's playoffs showed. In the Eastern Conference, I would expect that value to be even higher than it was in the West.

And you're right about the center position. I really hadn't considered that when I posted.

I think you've convinced me. All of you. Sammy goes.