Zemgus Girgensons : the real deal

jammer2

This kid is just very impressive. Love his skating, thinks the game well, bag full of elite moves, very elusive yet has power moves to the net. Blocker's former house guest is turning into a star before our eyes. One of the lone bright spots on a dreadful Sabres squad. Check out this beauty of a move, holding to defenders off while bullying himself into a equitable position...very nice!!

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hdpid=49&id=506744&navid=nhl:topheads

Just a note, the first video that plays is Corey Perry's game winner from his knees, then you can find Zemgus (LOVE that name...LOL!!) just across on the bottom right hand corner.

That's my boy.

He came all the way from Latvia to Burlington, Vermont when he was just 15 years old.   Within a few days, he fit right in, which can be hard for a kid that young.  He's an absolutely great kid.  My children went up to see him play against Canadiens Saturday night.  I had a ticket, but couldn't attend. 

I'll watch him and my grandchildren no matter if they're good or not.

But, it sure is a hell of a lot more fun when they shine. 

Edited by blocker
  • Like 1

And one of the best names in hockey!

I think so too.  And, I also think his name will help him.   It's memorable, and that doesn't hurt when you're an athlete. 

When he first came here, he told us to call him "Z".  He didn't think north Americans could pronounce his name correctly.  He's probably right.  I notice his teammates call him "Z".    

Edited by blocker