Bad news about Kyle Quincey

yave1964

Detroit Redwings GM Ken Holland received news that Brendan Shanahan has looked at last nights hit upon Corey Perry and has decided to not suspend the Wings Kyle Quincey.

"This is a terrible decision by Mr. Shanahan and I would like to find out what the appeal process is," said Mr. Holland in an interview with the Detroit free press (Or maybe just in one of my overactive dreams) "The hit by Quincey should have earned him at least two games, maybe longer."

Shanahan said in his statement regarding the decision not to suspend Quincey that he thought a few games minimum was in order until he remembered that Quincey played for Detroit. "As a rule I always attempt to pay attention to whom the player is playing for before I decide if a suspension is due." a comment that further enraged Holland.

"We deserve to be without the services of a player such as Quincey the same as any other team in the league, to not suspend him for two games or possibly even five is a travesty from the so called 'Dean of discipline. He should not treat us unfairly just because he used to play here, we deserve to be without Quincey's services before this whole playoff streak gets completely away from us."

The Wings, who are so short of healthy forwards that they are considering activating Gordie Howe and Alex Delvechio, both in town for the Winter Classic ("They both look better than Dan Cleary" said one team source).

The Wings still hold a five point lead for a playoff  spot in the East (Really) and are hoping the return of some of the injured forwards by around Christmas wil help offset the lack of suspension for Quincey.

Detroit Redwings GM Ken Holland received news that Brendan Shanahan has looked at last nights hit upon Corey Perry and has decided to not suspend the Wings Kyle Quincey.

"This is a terrible decision by Mr. Shanahan and I would like to find out what the appeal process is," said Mr. Holland in an interview with the Detroit free press (Or maybe just in one of my overactive dreams) "The hit by Quincey should have earned him at least two games, maybe longer."

Shanahan said in his statement regarding the decision not to suspend Quincey that he thought a few games minimum was in order until he remembered that Quincey played for Detroit. "As a rule I always attempt to pay attention to whom the player is playing for before I decide if a suspension is due." a comment that further enraged Holland.

"We deserve to be without the services of a player such as Quincey the same as any other team in the league, to not suspend him for two games or possibly even five is a travesty from the so called 'Dean of discipline. He should not treat us unfairly just because he used to play here, we deserve to be without Quincey's services before this whole playoff streak gets completely away from us."

The Wings, who are so short of healthy forwards that they are considering activating Gordie Howe and Alex Delvechio, both in town for the Winter Classic ("They both look better than Dan Cleary" said one team source).

The Wings still hold a five point lead for a playoff  spot in the East (Really) and are hoping the return of some of the injured forwards by around Christmas wil help offset the lack of suspension for Quincey.

Interesting lol

@yave1964  I know your post is in jest, but do teams get salary cap relief when a player is suspended? I'm guessing since they are not playing, they don't count against the cap. Is this a new form of cap circumvention? lol....

My understanding is the players salary does not count against the cap. Now that, Jammer is a thought, if a team is penalized by having the suspended players salary count against the cap while he is out, will the team police some of the shenanigans that is going on? Just a thought.