Flyers #16 in NHL Power Ranking!

idahophilly

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=697596&navid=nhl:topheads

So, do they deserve to be there? I think they just might. I'll be the optimist and say they (who ever rates these things at the NHL) are reading the tea leaves and seeing what the team is starting to do and how fast the turn around has been. I just hope I didn't just put a hex on them! :)

@idahophilly

LOL...never thought I'd be excited to yell "We're #16!" but after that horrendous start, I'll take it. I guess you can't preach "lose" cause in a season like this I'd much rather end up with Aaron Ekblad than a first round playoff beating, but what the heck.

@idahophilly

LOL...never thought I'd be excited to yell "We're #16!" but after that horrendous start, I'll take it. I guess you can't preach "lose" cause in a season like this I'd much rather end up with Aaron Ekblad than a first round playoff beating, but what the heck.

Now you know ain't no way in hell they get Ekblad...if nothing else we learned from this group is they can't even lose right....exhibit A last year heading down the stretch....and even if they were to get the pick in a draft held in Philly...Homer will take Kapanen's son withthe 1st overall...you know they are going to reach!!! And they just drafted two Dmen last isn't happening twice in the same century!!!

Edit: A good read on drafting defensemen...enjoy... http://thats-offside.blogspot.ca/2013/06/defense-defensemen-and-draft.html?m=1

Edited by OccamsRazor

Nice to see you can predict the future and are so optimistic... I wasn't even talking about future drafts. We have taken ourselves out of any top draft pick (so far) and as far as I'm concerned thats a good thing. We'll probably have a good chance to tune things up this summer.

I think it's remarkable that at one point we were dead last in the league and are now in a playoff spot. Maybe tomorrow we are not but right now we are. As you point out, that's with missing blue line pieces. We have severe lineup issues up front ( http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/flyers/Options-galore-for-Berube.html ) not because of injuries but to many viable pieces. We will have allot of money and some trade bait. We are not that bad off. Not a contender at this point but not that bad either.

I suppose we can keep remembering the FEW bad moves made and let that guide our opinions. I prefer to be a glass is half full kind of person. And being ranked at 16 is just about perfect for that analogy. We are "only" # 16 in the league or, wow we are #16 in the league after that start. Everyone has their choice.